The Student Room Group

I know I shouldn't worry, but im'a go ahead and start anyway...

Ok so I applied to ONE university in october... I was a student at the time and have since left my first uni. SO this application is a big deal.

I recieved an email from the head tutor just before xmas saying that they'd received and liked my application and would contact me shortly after xmas... so then I heard from UCAS saying my application had shown up briefly as cancelled due to an error on their part and to notify my universities just to let them know it was still active.

So i received another email from the tutor saying hed be in contact soon as he'd only just received the list of possible students. This was over two weeks ago and I know people applying to the same uni for similar courses have already had offers etc. but i'm a mature student and require an interview.

I guess i'm just scared i've been overlooked as this is my last chance to do what I want to do, if I dont get back into uni i'm left with literally nothing.

Anyway, just wondered if anybody had any similar experience or reassuring thoughts? Because even though it's only been 2 weeks, im starting to stress and the Bill&Ted soundtrack is only slightly helping :]

thankyoooooooou
Reply 1
ring up and make sure?
Similar courses, but not the exact same course? Then you have nothing to worry about :smile: It means that the department have yet to make offers.

Try call them if you are worried, but seeing as the head tutor has contacted you several times I don't think you are being overlooked, it just takes time to arrange interviews etc. They will need to look at the other mature student's applications before they can make a fair decision on who to offer an interview to.

Also, why only apply to one uni?
oops. double post
Reply 4
It's the only uni in the UK that offers my degree :] I know it's a risk, but when there's only one thing you know how/want to do then it's worth it :]
Reply 5
what is your degree?
Reply 6
BA screenwriting

I know there's degree courses in Media Writing, but they're not as screen specific as the screenwriting BA.

I didn't do a levels, but got into my last uni based on work samples and professional experience as i'm a mature student.
Reply 7
Theres courses in Scriptwriting available. About 5 of them
Reply 8
You can always add more choices now just incase you dont get into this one and definately want to go to university next year.

Latest

Trending

Trending