The Student Room Group

UKL Sociology Society

I made a thread recently about sociology and I got quite a few reponses, all of which were positive; saying that they find it interesting and that it's a good subject, and doesn't deserve its lack of respect. I was just looking at the thread with links to all UKL societies and couldn't find one on sociology, so I decided to start it. :cool:

The system of joining how now been changed, if you want to join please click on the "Socs" link at the top, find the sociology society and ask to join. I will accept pretty much anyone who has an interest in sociology, even if they no longer take the subject/never did take it but like some of the ideologies within it.

This thread will be the main place for people taking sociology to discuss their exams, ask for help, give advise or just discuss the subject for fun.

Scroll to see replies

I'll join, of course! :tongue:
I'll join,Im doing Sociology and I absoluty love it.
Hi i'll join as well. Im currently in year 13 and taking sociology (its such a easy subject).
Reply 4
happysunshine
I'll join, of course! :tongue:

lol, I knew you would.

LittleMissSunshine
I'll join,Im doing Sociology and I absoluty love it.

Good on you. :smile:

john williams
(its such a easy subject).

I find it suprisingly hard! :eek: :redface:
Reply 5

Can i join? I did Sociology A2 (got a B).
Reply 6
Swing
I made a thread recently about sociology and I got quite a few reponses, all of which were positive about sociology; saying that they find it interesting and that it's a good subject, and doesn't deserve its lack of respect. I have only just started doing it for AS but already I like it, and I was just looking at the thread with links to all UKL societies and couldn't find one on sociology, so I decided to start it. :cool:

So, here's the members list, if you want to join just reply to this thread and/or PM me. I'll edit it as regulary as possible.

MEMBERS LIST
1. Swing
2. happysunshine
3. LittleMissShine
4. john williams

When you have been added onto the list please state in your sig that you are a member of the UKL sociology society, thank you.

Hey hey I want to be a member of this society, I was wondering when this would be done!!!!! I like sociology ! Im an A2 student and we're doing crime and deviance, and religion with AQA this year, last year we did family and households, and education. I acheived an A overall at AS, with an A in the coursework and education, and a high B in family. :smile:
Reply 7
Sarky

Can i join? I did Sociology A2 (got a B).

Heya, congratulations on the B - you're more than welcome. :cool:

danii17
Hey hey I want to be a member of this society, I was wondering when this would be done!!!!! I like sociology ! Im an A2 student and we're doing crime and deviance, and religion with AQA this year, last year we did family and households, and education. I acheived an A overall at AS, with an A in the coursework and education, and a high B in family.

It seems that you're a year ahead of me, I'm only just starting it. We do a similar syllabus though! I'm just starting with the family, and then there's education, and finally religion. We do three exams and no coursework for both years. :smile:
Reply 8
Swing
Heya, congratulations on the B - you're more than welcome. :cool:

It seems that you're a year ahead of me, I'm only just starting it. We do a similar syllabus though! I'm just starting with the family, and then there's education, and finally religion. We do three exams and no coursework for both years. :smile:

But surely you are examined on sociological methods ???
Reply 9
danii17
But surely you are examined on sociological methods ???

Um, what do you mean?
Reply 10
Swing
Um, what do you mean?

Theres a module called methods which examines you on stuff like interviews, questionnaires, reasearching tecniques, ethical issues etc

Oh, and please may I join? Sociology is great :biggrin:
Reply 11
VixenIW
Theres a module called methods which examines you on stuff like interviews, questionnaires, reasearching tecniques, ethical issues etc

Oh, and please may I join? Sociology is great :biggrin:

I don't think I'm going to be tested on that...to be honest I know very little about sociology still, but someone had to make the society...oh yeah and I'll add you. :smile:
ill join!!! im doing it now for as/a2. i like the subject,just did it for gcse and passed! :smile:
Reply 13
Swing
I don't think I'm going to be tested on that...to be honest I know very little about sociology still, but someone had to make the society...oh yeah and I'll add you. :smile:

Lol, lucky you. Its the hardest module. Well done for making the society, its about time it was done. YAY! Thanks. Its my first society. The best one to join definately :wink: :cool:
Reply 14
VixenIW
Lol, lucky you. Its the hardest module. Well done for making the society, its about time it was done. YAY! Thanks. Its my first society. The best one to join definately :wink: :cool:

Did you do the family module, my exam on that will be in January....is it nice and easy? :smile:

Be sure to add it to your sig...good girl, and don't go joining any english society with that spelling, 'definitely' is the proper spelling. /pedantic twat.

kirsty_louise
ill join!!! im doing it now for as/a2. i like the subject,just did it for gcse and passed!

Well done on passing at GCSE, and good luck at AS....add that you're in the sociology society in your sig... :biggrin:
Reply 15
Swing
Did you do the family module, my exam on that will be in January....is it nice and easy? :smile:

Be sure to add it to your sig...good girl, and don't go joining any english society with that spelling, 'definitely' is the proper spelling. /pedantic twat.

Is it really? Gosh, Ive been spelling it wrong all my life! I got A* in gcse english aswell. I should be ashamed of myself :redface: :tongue:

Family is definately the easiest. I got about 90% on my AS exam. Education isnt too bad but you need to remember lots of facts and events and need to be extremely familiar with the marxists theory :smile:
Reply 16
VixenIW
Is it really? Gosh, Ive been spelling it wrong all my life! I got A* in gcse english aswell. I should be ashamed of myself :redface: :tongue:

Family is definately the easiest. I got about 90% on my AS exam. Education isnt too bad but you need to remember lots of facts and events and need to be extremely familiar with the marxists theory :smile:

My spelling is rubbish, I'm in no position to correct it, but there's a couple of words commonly spelt wrong that I know, like 'definitely' and 'accommodation' and so if I see them spelt wrong I correct it...I only got a B in English! :eek:

Hmmm, don't learn fast, do you? :tongue:

Glad it's the easiest though, I'll aim to get an A in it, hope I achieve it! :biggrin:

I don't care about the education part yet, I'll leave that until January! :tongue:
Reply 17
Swing

Hmmm, don't learn fast, do you? :tongue:

Nah, im pretty slow :frown: :tongue:
Reply 18
VixenIW

I was spelling 'definitely' wrong too until Swing corrected me :rolleyes: :tongue:

Hmmm, my degree has three sociological modules - People and Cultures, Well-being, Livelihood and Society, and Families in the Social Order...do I qualify? :smile:
Reply 19
I'll join :biggrin: I have sociology almost every day I just realised!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending