The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Physics with foundation year interview

Hey everyone!

Does anyone else have an interview for foundation year physics next week on the 7th of March?

Thanks!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
University of York
York
Hey, I have my physics (foundation year) interview in february, and was wondering what type of questions they ask you?
Hi keirawalton,

Congratulations on getting an interview!

The interview is mainly a chance for us to meet you and you to meet us - so don't worry! It's your opportunity to demonstrate your passion for Physics, but also to ask any questions you have about the Uni of York, or the degree programme etc.

In the interview, we'll ask you some general questions about your application, why you have applied for York and also some technical maths and physics questions.

Example questions may include:
- Do you have a passion for any particular subject in physics?
- What attracts you to York?
- What are your plans for your future career?

The technical questions are designed to see how you think about and explain things. The physics questions will be open-ended and might not be on a topic that you have studied before. You’ll apply your existing knowledge to the questions asked with the support of your interviewer.

I hope this helps, best of luck for your interview in February.

Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending