The Student Room Group

Driving test

Hellooo ,

I passed my driving test day before after 4 failed attempts !! I am so over the moon . Anyone else passed theirs after the new changes to the practical driving test ??

Please share your views and experience :smile:
Original post by Pam munk
Hellooo ,

I passed my driving test day before after 4 failed attempts !! I am so over the moon . Anyone else passed theirs after the new changes to the practical driving test ??

Congrats!! Enjoy the freedom on the road and stay safe.

Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over to Learning to drive :smile:
Congratulations! I am learning to drive and will take my first attempt at the test in April. I am quite nervous, but at least I have a little time to prepare. How was your test, what manoeuvres did you do and minors?
Original post by Pam munk
Hellooo ,

Congratulations! :smile:

Have fun and please do stay safe on the roads. :h:
Reply 4
Original post by OwlOfFire
Congratulations! I am learning to drive and will take my first attempt at the test in April. I am quite nervous, but at least I have a little time to prepare. How was your test, what manoeuvres did you do and minors?

Hello ,

All the best for your test ! I hope you pass it the first time !!!
I was a bag of nerves every time I gave my test but just managed to do it at the most crucial time as my theory was expiring in March ! I am so glad I passed it at the right time :smile:

I had booked the 7:13 slot which my instructor said is quite rare to find as there aren’t many. I got the forward bay parking. I guess I was lucky as i was the only one who was taking the test at that time. The office and the test center was literally empty, people were pulling in to work just then.

My test lasted for about 40 to 50 min. He asked me a few show me tell me questions, later it was about him giving instructions where to drive and stuff followed by a manoeuvre. There was about 10 min of driving using sat nav and we drove back to the test center.
I got 6 minors, two of them were for show me tell me questions. Another two were for not turning on indications another minor for not following the instructions properly during the manoeuvre, after I finished the forward bay park he told me we shall reverse and turn left and the exit the parking bay but for some reason I kept turning right and was struggling to follow his instructions to turn the steering wheel to the left. At that point he had to repeat himself a few times. I guess that added to the minors. The last minor was turning a little sharply into a road that curved right. He gave me a minor for control.

But in the end I was sure I hadn’t done any damages that would end up in a major error. I would have almost hugged the examiner when he said I had passed. 😂 😂😂😂
Reply 5
Original post by MiszshorTea786
Congratulations! :smile:

Have fun and please do stay safe on the roads. :h:

Hey thank you :smile:
Congratulations!!! I'm super happy for you
It took me 4 attempts too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending