The Student Room Group
Reply 1
probably 3 full A2-levels and an A/S, offers are almost always only made for 3 a2levels. look at the different unis you are looking to apply to and they should tell you the requirements and subject specific grades too. A good science background with subjects such as Bio, Chem, maybe Maths/Physics, or one that offers a bit of diversity, History etc would be ok
Ok just looked at ucas course finder, for dentistry, selected 3 random unis, they need:

It seems they want 3 A Levels and 1 AS minimum - AAB offer for your A2 level, Chem + Bio must be at A grade. Some don't need the AS Level. At least some also require "UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT)"
They all seem to require interview to be accepted, also one mentioned at least 2 weeks dental work experience/shadowing. It's a 5 year course.

Pharmacy:
3 A2 or 3A2 + 1 AS Level, depending on where you go. Some specify UCAS points (320 the 1 i saw)
All that's specified is Chemistry (B or above) and one other science (which includes physics, biology and maths).

Basically you'd be wise doing 3 of the sciences (which always includes maths) and something else (History, English Literature) if you liked.

I'm either extremely helpful or extremely bored.
Reply 3
if i were you then i would do maths chemistry biology and an essay subject then drop the latter for a2
Reply 4
7 Alevels 1 AS, and 3 AEAs, listed below :biggrin::biggrin:
You need 3 A levels and 4 AS's. GCSE req's vary. AEA's arent essential.
Well I'm planning on doing medicine in 2009 *touch wood* and I'm currently taking 4 AS and will either stick with all four next year or drop one and take up another AS to have 3 A2 and 2 AS.
Reply 7
xinolisss

Your so clever, have a medal..
No, i disagree, :adore: is more in order. This guy is a true gent.
Reply 9
what are AEAs?
The Toffy
what are AEAs?

Application Extension Award
Reply 11
I thought it was 'advanced extension award'
I think it is, now you say it..

/me goes away to look like an idiot
Reply 13
xinolisss

Funny, call me stupid but I can only count 6 A-levels and 7 AS levels/6 AS levels (depending on whether english language and literature are the combined course or separate subjects)
Reply 14
i want to do dentistry or medicine at uni. Should i do AEAs? How do i go about doing this?
Reply 15
The Toffy
i want to do dentistry or medicine at uni. Should i do AEAs? How do i go about doing this?

It isn't essential, but you definitely should if you want to. Just ask at the beginning of your A2 year to do it at your sixth form, as they're exams you take at the end of the A2 year.
Jessaay!
Funny, call me stupid but I can only count 6 A-levels and 7 AS levels/6 AS levels (depending on whether english language and literature are the combined course or separate subjects)

yeh I left out Thinking Skills, that was a newly added A level to my list :biggrin:

Latest