The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh yeah, i definately agree a forum for each med school would be ott, but i think having a thread for applicants, as opposed to what happens now where each applicant thinks that they are sooooo important that their retarded question deserves its own thread. Drive me up the wall that does, i'd be dishing out permabans

On reflection your moderation approach is probably the better for the forum as a whole :biggrin:
j00ni
Oh yeah, i definately agree a forum for each med school would be ott, but i think having a thread for applicants, as opposed to what happens now where each applicant thinks that they are sooooo important that their retarded question deserves its own thread. Drive me up the wall that does, i'd be dishing out permabans

On reflection your moderation approach is probably the better for the forum as a whole :biggrin:

you can have your very own forum if you like.... no threads at all?? it'd be so organised :angel:
Reply 22
While I'm thinking about this, what areas do you think could work if combined into a big fat thread? We've got the "Am I good enough for Medicine" thread for grades and stuff; a couple of other areas I thought about are:

Work experience - how to get it, how much to do, what to do etc

A-level subjects

General interview questions advice (individual unis can have their own separate threads, as these seem to get quite chatty).

Post-graduate careers info as it currently stands

Medlink/six/sim etc

BMAT

UKCAT

General admissions info - dates, interview times, when you'll hear from them, what to do next etc.

Anyone got anything more?
Reply 23
Graduate entry to medical school seems to come up quite a lot e.g. should i do this degree and try and get into medical school as a grad etc not sure if that is a good one for a thread though... might be worth making a wiki page on it if there isn't one already. I will look into it.

Other than that the list looks pretty comprehensive.
Just a random thought but if you wanted to keep a current students subforum free of potential medics, you could always make it private like the PS helpers one where you have to be let in once you're a medic?
Reply 25
Katie
Just a random thought but if you wanted to keep a current students subforum free of potential medics, you could always make it private like the PS helpers one where you have to be let in once you're a medic?

The aim isn't to be that "elitist" if you like...non-current students would still be interested in reading what the current students have to say :p:
yeah, don't be mean like that.... all i have to say really is that i'm not a resource for mining or anything like that. if something stops me wanting to be helpful well there's not a lot you can do about it really, surely that's my choice. i can't see why i'd randomly stop though because of this, like you can tell what most threads are gonna be like before you read them, you could pretty much filter them then if you wanted but people don't seem to.

Latest

Trending

Trending