The Student Room Group

AQA chem polymers quick question

Do we need to know the structure of terylene, nylon 6,6 and kevlar by heart? Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by iamayesha
Do we need to know the structure of terylene, nylon 6,6 and kevlar by heart? Thanks

Funny that you asked this because I called up the exam boiard yesterday to ask as it's not clear on the spec whether we do...

They said they'll email me back so hopefully I should receive something today, I'll let you know :smile:
Reply 3
thankyou I'd really appreciate that!
Reply 4
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Funny that you asked this because I called up the exam boiard yesterday to ask as it's not clear on the spec whether we do...

They said they'll email me back so hopefully I should receive something today, I'll let you know :smile:

thankyou I'd really appreciate that!
Did you end up hearing back?

Reply 6
you do have to memorize them its in spec from what I can see. Just remember kevlar is benzene and benzene, nylon is two long chains, and terylene is alcohol, and benzene
Reply 7

Legend says that he is still wating

Quick Reply

Latest