The Student Room Group

Running out on what to revise?

For business finance I’ve wrote all my flash cards (exam is first day bck) so there’s not much there I need to.
For science I’ve been doing mindmaps for each paper etc Chemistry 1 and then I can do pastpapers but that’s really it
Maths I do past papers and hegarty maths
English language - I don’t even have a clue how to revise for that
Literature - I’ve been sticking up mindmap a everywhere and past essay questions as for poems as well
History - I’ve been doing flaschards for each topic
I know I need to do more revision but I don’t know what else I can do for it to be more effective and I learn more help please x
Reply 1
Have you tried just lots of testing ? It helps highlight which areas you struggle to understand and which you don't remember as well. I use Seneca Learning for this, and sometimes Quizlet. Or there's also Tassomai, although you have to pay for that.
Also worth doing questions under timed pressure to get your timing right, and to read through mark schemes when correcting answers to see what you should be writing.

Also, I find it quite helpful to watch youtube videos as they show you stuff in different ways. For example, I think Mr Bruff is really good for English Lit and there are quite a few science ones out there (primrose kitten, freesciencelessons etc)
Original post by MimiElf
Have you tried just lots of testing ? It helps highlight which areas you struggle to understand and which you don't remember as well. I use Seneca Learning for this, and sometimes Quizlet. Or there's also Tassomai, although you have to pay for that.
Also worth doing questions under timed pressure to get your timing right, and to read through mark schemes when correcting answers to see what you should be writing.

Also, I find it quite helpful to watch youtube videos as they show you stuff in different ways. For example, I think Mr Bruff is really good for English Lit and there are quite a few science ones out there (primrose kitten, freesciencelessons etc)

Yeah thank you I need to do more timed past papers and I’ve actually been watching primrosekitten for my science mindmap and yea mr brief is really good for poems x as for English language how do you revise that? It’s my weakest subject x
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
For business finance I’ve wrote all my flash cards (exam is first day bck) so there’s not much there I need to.
For science I’ve been doing mindmaps for each paper etc Chemistry 1 and then I can do pastpapers but that’s really it
Maths I do past papers and hegarty maths
English language - I don’t even have a clue how to revise for that
Literature - I’ve been sticking up mindmap a everywhere and past essay questions as for poems as well
History - I’ve been doing flaschards for each topic
I know I need to do more revision but I don’t know what else I can do for it to be more effective and I learn more help please x

I want a Grade 9 in Religious Studies...what about you???
Original post by TheologyQueen
I want a Grade 9 in Religious Studies...what about you???

I want to pass English language so I want a grade 4😂😂😂
I want to pass English language so I want a grade 4😂😂😂

Girl....I want a Grade 6 in Both!!! So at least I can do A-level Religious Studies!!!! I hate English!!!! Good luck!!!! I was just revising some English Language!!! Its easier to revise for than Lit!!!! But they are both still hard!!!!!!!
Girl....I want a Grade 6 in Both!!! So at least I can do A-level Religious Studies!!!! I hate English!!!! Good luck!!!! I was just revising some English Language!!! Its easier to revise for than Lit!!!! But they are both still hard!!!!!!!

I’m about to revise for language now TELL ME HOW!!!!!!! X

Just do loads of exam question practice!!! Oh and learn language techniques (the definitions) and apply them to the text and question!!!

Here is some practise!!!!
Honestly just stay calm everything will work out eventually. Majority of the country are ******** themselves because they haven't even started revising yet so you have got the best possible issue. Some advice I have is to work through as many past papers as you can. Although you have the knowledge you need to make sure you can put it into exam technique to ultimately get the marks. Lastly just enjoy yourself (ik it sounds hard but its possible) and best of luck I'm sure you will smash them!
Original post by Emily09857
Honestly just stay calm everything will work out eventually. Majority of the country are ******** themselves because they haven't even started revising yet so you have got the best possible issue. Some advice I have is to work through as many past papers as you can. Although you have the knowledge you need to make sure you can put it into exam technique to ultimately get the marks. Lastly just enjoy yourself (ik it sounds hard but its possible) and best of luck I'm sure you will smash them!

aww thank you so much! ive never been good in exams so i hope i at least get a 4 :smile:))) x are you doing yours this year as well? x
Here is some practise!!!!

Awww thank you so much!! I will be sure to have a look at these when i next revise for english language, Ive just been doing mind maps for each question on paper 1 x
Awww thank you so much!! I will be sure to have a look at these when i next revise for english language, Ive just been doing mind maps for each question on paper 1 x

Your welcome...good luck!!!=):smile:
Yes I am I've got 19 exams!! Its stressful but I'm sure if I work hard it will pay off. Im mainly aiming for just passes noting to fancy!
The danger of starting too soon, imo.

I guess just grind past papers from here on out if you've got all of your material prepared. (then use your notes if you get stuck or forget something)
Original post by Emily09857
Yes I am I've got 19 exams!! Its stressful but I'm sure if I work hard it will pay off. Im mainly aiming for just passes noting to fancy!

Yeah same I need passes to get into a levels! I got so much bad in my mocks!! What did you get in mocks?? X
Biology - 5
Chemistry-5
Physics - (lets not even talk about it) I don't actually know except it was BAD
Maths- 5
English-6
Business studies- 7
RE-9

Quick Reply

Latest