The Student Room Group

Airmed's Adventures: Attempt 2

Yes, I am starting this up again, after lots of thought. I'm not going to go crazy or anything, just want a general record of what I do.

Attempt one can be found here.

Height: 5'5.5 (that half inch makes all the difference, alright?)

From my previous blog, I have put on weight in the past year or so; mostly muscle, tbh, but a little fat, which I am shifting slowly.

Weight, 26/10/16: 65kg
Weight, 11/1/17:66kg

CURRENT WEIGHT (6/4/2018): 74kg. I just weighed myself. I am bloated to hell right now and carrying a lot of water weight since I have drank more water than food today, so I'll try again next week.

Photos:

Yeah, I am doing them. First time. Two sets. Some from a few weeks ago, and some taken today at the gym.

23rd March (I was so bloated, lol):

Spoiler

6th April:

Spoiler

I could honestly look a lot better than I do now, but I am happy with my progress this semester. In first semester of uni, I was very ill and went on a binge eat, put on a bit of weight, and I've been turning it into muscle since January.

I do a mixture of weights, kettlebells, and cardio, mostly spin.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Consistency is very important. A lifestyle change is a lot better than a diet even if you think its nothing it will add up. Stick to a certain amount of calories that you can maintain and doesn't result in binge eating.

I would suggest doing HIIT. Just remember you either need to eat below your maintenance or exercise more in order to create that caloric deficit.

Best of luck :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Wow I'm astonished you weigh 74kg at 5'5.5! You don't look anywhere near that heavy tbh!
Original post by Airmed
Yes, I am starting this up again, after lots of thought. I'm not going to go crazy or anything, just want a general record of what I do.

Attempt one can be found here.

Height: 5'5.5 (that half inch makes all the difference, alright?)

From my previous blog, I have put on weight in the past year or so; mostly muscle, tbh, but a little fat, which I am shifting slowly.

Weight, 26/10/16: 65kg
Weight, 11/1/17:66kg

CURRENT WEIGHT (6/4/2018): 74kg. I just weighed myself. I am bloated to hell right now and carrying a lot of water weight since I have drank more water than food today, so I'll try again next week.

Photos:

Yeah, I am doing them. First time. Two sets. Some from a few weeks ago, and some taken today at the gym.

23rd March (I was so bloated, lol):

Spoiler

6th April:

Spoiler

I could honestly look a lot better than I do now, but I am happy with my progress this semester. In first semester of uni, I was very ill and went on a binge eat, put on a bit of weight, and I've been turning it into muscle since September.

I do a mixture of weights, kettlebells, and cardio, mostly spin.

das it
:dumbells:
Reply 5
Original post by Alone star
Consistency is very important. A lifestyle change is a lot better than a diet even if you think its nothing it will add up. Stick to a certain amount of calories that you can maintain and doesn't result in binge eating.

I would suggest doing HIIT. Just remember you either need to eat below your maintenance weight or exercise more in order to create that caloric deficit.

Best of luck :smile:

I'm in the middle of a lifestyle change. I'm now gluten free and it has been a struggle. The smallest amount of gluten can leave me bloated for up to 2 weeks and it's hell.

I can't calorie count, sadly. I have a very obsessive personality, no thanks to my mental health, and it would be a disaster and a half. I've tried it before and it didn't end well, and I was miserable.

I will be exercising more after the 4th May. No more uni, so I will have a bit more free time. I also stress eat less when there is no uni. Plus, I've decided I had a choice. Junk food or alcohol. I chose alcohol. So apart from a few pieces of sweets or chocolate when I'm PMSing etc, I'm back to drastically cutting out sugar as much as possible. Especially fizzy drinks unless it's a mixer. They give me headaches like hell anyway.
Reply 6
Original post by In One Ear
Wow I'm astonished you weigh 74kg at 5'5.5! You don't look anywhere near that heavy tbh!

It's my legs :lol:

My thighs and calves are very muscular, I have practically only the necessary fat on them now. And when my knees aren't swelling or causing my issues, they are pretty strong. They get any bigger though, and I am going to have to buy yet more jeans to get up my thighs and over my backside. :lol:

Original post by F1's Finest
das it
:dumbells:

Gonna drink dat hazelnut milk protein shake
Original post by Airmed
I'm in the middle of a lifestyle change. I'm now gluten free and it has been a struggle. The smallest amount of gluten can leave me bloated for up to 2 weeks and it's hell.

I can't calorie count, sadly. I have a very obsessive personality, no thanks to my mental health, and it would be a disaster and a half. I've tried it before and it didn't end well, and I was miserable.

I will be exercising more after the 4th May. No more uni, so I will have a bit more free time. I also stress eat less when there is no uni. Plus, I've decided I had a choice. Junk food or alcohol. I chose alcohol. So apart from a few pieces of sweets or chocolate when I'm PMSing etc, I'm back to drastically cutting out sugar as much as possible. Especially fizzy drinks unless it's a mixer. They give me headaches like hell anyway.

I don't mean become obsessive and count every single thing. You can have a rough amount that you consume.

Self control is important but after a few weeks it will become a habit.
Reply 8
Original post by Alone star
I don't mean become obsessive and count every single thing. You can have a rough amount that you consume.

Self control is important but after a few weeks it will become a habit.

I do have a rough count now, I do look at calories when considering foods. I just don't record it down
Good luck lovely airmed :hugs: always think you look amazing but is pointless saying that cos brains are stupid :cube:

Spoiler

Reply 10
Original post by CoolCavy
Good luck lovely airmed :hugs: always think you look amazing but is pointless saying that cos brains are stupid :cube:

Spoiler

thank you lovely :cube:

Spoiler

:lovehug:

Original post by Airmed
thank you lovely :cube:

Spoiler

Spoiler

wooo!! subbed! count me in!

good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by CleverSquirrel
wooo!! subbed! count me in!

good luck!

Thank you :h:

Enjoy your military fitness camp :lol:
Reply 14
My morning has started off well (not).

Woke up this morning at half 7 to a bit of DOMS in my thighs. Expected, I have not been to the gym in 2 weeks thanks to a stressful week of dissertating and then a week home. It's not too bad and I'll be able to walk it off. Lay in bed until about 10 to 10, messaging my partner, who is also dissertating, and then I thought I should probably get up and eat.

This is where things have gone downhill fast.

Last night, my flatmate came home and I had hoped she had washed up her dishes that have been lying in our basin for 3 weeks, and then our sink for the past week, since I had tipped them into the sink, telling her to wash them, before I flew home at the end of March.

She has not.

I spent a good 15 minutes disinfecting our bathroom sink, and proceed to rewash some of my breakfast bowls before making my porridge. Yup. I'm ****ing washing my **** in our bathroom sink. Our kitchen sink is disgusting. It smells so bad. I had windows open yesterday and the heating turning off, because her constant need to have warmth is making it smell so bad.

Don't believe me? Photo time.

Spoiler

I'm going to finish my honey porridge, get dressed, leave a passive aggressive note, and then go on a long walk.

Think I am going to record my step count in this thread too. My phone records it, but I am thinking of getting a FitBit at the end of the month too.
Subbed
Original post by Airmed
It's my legs :lol:

My thighs and calves are very muscular, I have practically only the necessary fat on them now. And when my knees aren't swelling or causing my issues, they are pretty strong. They get any bigger though, and I am going to have to buy yet more jeans to get up my thighs and over my backside. :lol:

Gonna drink dat hazelnut milk protein shake

Haha its true you definitely have some muscle in your legs, but even so I was expected a tubby mess at 5.5'5 74kg for a girl! :lol:

Though in terms of being bloated and having drunk/eaten a lot of food messing around with your weight, its best to try to measure in the mornings under consistent conditions (i.e. after going to the toilet, before drinking etc.). :smile:
Reply 17
Haha its true you definitely have some muscle in your legs, but even so I was expected a tubby mess at 5.5'5 74kg for a girl! :lol:

Though in terms of being bloated and having drunk/eaten a lot of food messing around with your weight, its best to try to measure in the mornings under consistent conditions (i.e. after going to the toilet, before drinking etc.). :smile:

Most people do, tbh, and many don't believe me when I say I swing between 69kg-75kg. I know I am very lucky that I don't look it, at all.

I'll try that tomorrow morning and report here on what the scale says :h:
Original post by Airmed
Most people do, tbh, and many don't believe me when I say I swing between 69kg-75kg. I know I am very lucky that I don't look it, at all.

I'll try that tomorrow morning and report here on what the scale says :h:

Haha, and I was trying to work out how I'm a 6'0.5 bloke and barely 6kg heavier than you :tongue: Though if you were more on the lower end like 69kg I could maybe stretch to believe it.

It just shows really that everyone's body/body structure is different and it should be about whats looking back at you in the mirror and whether you're happy with it and not some arbitrary weight on the scale/ bodyweight:height ratio.
Reply 19
Haha, and I was trying to work out how I'm a 6'0.5 bloke and barely 6kg heavier than you :tongue: Though if you were more on the lower end like 69kg I could maybe stretch to believe it.

It just shows really that everyone's body/body structure is different and it should be about whats looking back at you in the mirror and whether you're happy with it and not some arbitrary weight on the scale/ bodyweight:height ratio.

Let's see tomorrow's weight, and it'll be another number to confuse us all :lol:

Yeah, it's why I don't like weighing myself often! If I feel and look good, why should a number piss me off?

Quick Reply

Latest