The Student Room Group

Airmed's Adventures: Attempt 2

Scroll to see replies

Your bottom is pretty, and I am clearly a prisoner of my own meat.

Reply 21
I'm on my way to 7.30 kettlebells and I've just weighed myself before going out the door, no food taken.

73.9kg.

Lol.

However, the reading is not fully accurate. My body decided to finally explain why I've been miserable and ill on and off for the past 2 weeks. My shithole period is back. :angry:

Readings to be accurate next week hopefully! I'm off to enjoy kettlebells. Longer update later today.
Reply 22
Saturday 7th April:

9364 steps,
389 kcal burned

Sunday 8th April:

6958 steps
285kcal burned

Monday 9th April:

9728 steps
406kcal burned

Also did 30 minutes of kettlebells, 20 minutes of spin, and 40 minutes of various weights as it was arms day.

Today (Tuesday 10th April):

so far 9756 steps and 395kcal burned

Also had a leg day at the gym. Did not die on the hacksaw like I did when I first tried it out a few weeks ago!

Made a new discovery yesterday; I need bigger tights to get over my arse.

Step count lower than I'd like, but I am on my period so walking a lot hurts like hell. :sad:

Also thinking of getting a Fitbit Charge. It's been on my mind for about a year, so it's not an impulse buy!
i know the issue regarding the tights too well, im having to get leggings one size up but then having to sew them a little from the inside to actually fit properly!!!

also fitbit charge, its a great investment, for me its worked as a mini motivator and keeps me on track too!! defffo do it! worth the money too
Reply 24
Original post by CleverSquirrel
i know the issue regarding the tights too well, im having to get leggings one size up but then having to sew them a little from the inside to actually fit properly!!!

also fitbit charge, its a great investment, for me its worked as a mini motivator and keeps me on track too!! defffo do it! worth the money too

It's bloody annoying :angry: I can't afford to go up a jeans size tbh, I already struggle.

Oh that's good! My best friend and gym buddy has an Apple watch but she also swims, but I don't, so I have no need for waterproof-ness.
Some people are of the opinion that walking when on the period helps. Guess you're more like me.
Reply 26
Some days I can't get out of bed, so lol, **** walking
Original post by Airmed
Some days I can't get out of bed, so lol, **** walking

Oh dear, well then you must feel extra proud of what you've achieved today :yep:
Reply 28
I am currently curled up in bed with a sore stomach, so yup :rofl:
Original post by Airmed
I am currently curled up in bed with a sore stomach, so yup :rofl:

I find heat helps me and ouchies
Reply 30
Yeah, I am trying to remember where I put my hot water bottle :lol:
Original post by Airmed
Yeah, I am trying to remember where I put my hot water bottle :lol:

:facepalm: mine sits on my bed, borrow it. If only lol
Reply 32
mine travels between my flat and my partner's and I have a sneaky feeling it is at his :sad:
Original post by Airmed
mine travels between my flat and my partner's and I have a sneaky feeling it is at his :sad:

If its not too far off, call the guy.
Reply 34
I'm going to his in a few hours so I can hold off :smile:
Original post by Airmed
It's bloody annoying :angry: I can't afford to go up a jeans size tbh, I already struggle.

Oh that's good! My best friend and gym buddy has an Apple watch but she also swims, but I don't, so I have no need for waterproof-ness.

yeah i cant swim so i didnt need the fancy ones :lol:
Reply 36
Wednesday 11th April (rest day):

5166 steps
212kcal burned

Thursday 12th April:

I spent Thursday in bed. I was absolutely ****ing miserable :sad: Even skipped the gym.

3170 steps
131kcal burned

Friday 13th April:

13237 steps
550kcal

I exercise for about 2 and a half hours yesterday. An hour of kettlebells while my gym partner was with her PT, then we did around 80 minutes on the spin bikes. :eek: I am paying for it today, my hips and waist are very sore, but it was worth it. I've practically moved off the 4kg kettlebell to the 6kg kettlebell. My aim is to be at the 8kg kettlebell by the end of the summer, and stick with that one.

Seriously want to get that Fitbit when my SF comes in on the 23rd. Be really interesting to see my heart rate while doing kettlebells.

I've been getting a fair few compliments on how I look this week, people have noticed that I've lost weight around my waist and my backside is only getting bigger, ffs :rofl: Still got a little to go, but I am at the most comfortable with how I look in a long time.
Reply 37
Saturday 14th April:

11751 steps
535kcal burned

Sunday 15th April:

Did 1 hour and 20 minutes of spin today and some arm exercises at the gym.

When I get my Fitbit I will record my total burnt calories. Right now, I am only recording my calories burnt from walking.
Reply 38
Weighed myself this morning.

73.3kg.

Nearly dropped a kilo since starting this blog :awesome: But that could be water weight and the fact I'm back to using my protein shakes again because I like them, weirdly, with milk, and they fill me up.
Reply 39
Sorry for lack of updates last week! I did go to the gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (kettlebells), a pathetic attempt on Friday, Saturday (kettlebells) and Sunday (spin). I've been very tired and my mood has slipped quite low, sadly :sad:

Anyway...

Monday 23rd April:

30 minutes of kettlebells.

Got my new Fitbit today and I am so excited! I think it will help me a lot as I can track so much on it. Going to start tracking water intake (and food, if I can remember).

Weighed myself this morning...72.8kg! I've lost 0.5kg in a week and I am very happy. Hope it is shifting from my stomach :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest