The Student Room Group

Airmed's Adventures: Attempt 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well this ***** died, again, didn’t it. Fgs, Cesca, get your crap together.

So...

I stopped gyming properly for like 6 months. After graduation, I worked 2 part time jobs flat out over the summer and then went straight into my graduate scheme...and straight into another 6 month long stretch of depression, voices and hallucinations. Winter is always bad for me (love seasonal depression) and then went back into chronic depression. Combine that with my struggles at work (this placement does not suit me) and what did you get?

An overeating Cesca.

After a miserable Christmas I tried to go back to the gym. But the mental health got worse and I ended up on paid sick leave for 4 weeks. Been back in work for over 2 months and I’m still not fully ok. Mental illness is awful.

In the last 8 weeks though I have been slowly building up my gym going though. I’m not returning to solidly focus on my weight, I’m back to using it as a stress relief. The weight loss is secondary. I’m semi calorie counting most days though. I use MyFitnessPal and I now have a samsung gear watch, which I love so much.

As you can see my weight has been up and down:

(The low weight is from when I was sick for a week and ate like nothing but I still try to weigh myself every few days if I feel up for it. Most days I don’t because I have a awful relationship with scales.)

Calories: 1760kcal training day, 1600kcal rest days

Weight (24/06/2019): 82.3kg (love my period)

Measurements in inches (last taken 10/6/2019):

(I’m also a 36D/DD now, had another hormonal change to my body in the last year or so; my hips have widened a little more, which was NOT necessary since A: already huge, and; B: I DON’T WANT KIDS. Ahem, rant over).

R thigh 22
L thigh 21.8
R calf 15.3
L calf 15.4
Hips 38
Waist 33.9
Bust 35.1

I should measure arms and shoulders as I am wanting to attempt that tapered waist look soon enough. I’d also like to get my waist down to 30 inches (I miss my 2016 days).

Anyway, I’m restarting this “blog” in a relaxed manner so I can keep track. Will also be useful as I’d like to start doing more free weights (someone teach me how to deadlift properly please, I have a ****ed left knee).

Enjoy my meme gym set that I love so much :love:

That’s all for now. May include some proper photos of me next week (I bloat badly while on my period so the photos wouldn’t be accurate at all).
Original post by Airmed
Well this ***** died, again, didn’t it. Fgs, Cesca, get your crap together.

So...

I stopped gyming properly for like 6 months. After graduation, I worked 2 part time jobs flat out over the summer and then went straight into my graduate scheme...and straight into another 6 month long stretch of depression, voices and hallucinations. Winter is always bad for me (love seasonal depression) and then went back into chronic depression. Combine that with my struggles at work (this placement does not suit me) and what did you get?

An overeating Cesca.

After a miserable Christmas I tried to go back to the gym. But the mental health got worse and I ended up on paid sick leave for 4 weeks. Been back in work for over 2 months and I’m still not fully ok. Mental illness is awful.

In the last 8 weeks though I have been slowly building up my gym going though. I’m not returning to solidly focus on my weight, I’m back to using it as a stress relief. The weight loss is secondary. I’m semi calorie counting most days though. I use MyFitnessPal and I now have a samsung gear watch, which I love so much.

As you can see my weight has been up and down:

(The low weight is from when I was sick for a week and ate like nothing but I still try to weigh myself every few days if I feel up for it. Most days I don’t because I have a awful relationship with scales.)

Calories: 1760kcal training day, 1600kcal rest days

Weight (24/06/2019): 82.3kg (love my period)

Measurements in inches (last taken 10/6/2019):

(I’m also a 36D/DD now, had another hormonal change to my body in the last year or so; my hips have widened a little more, which was NOT necessary since A: already huge, and; B: I DON’T WANT KIDS. Ahem, rant over).

R thigh 22
L thigh 21.8
R calf 15.3
L calf 15.4
Hips 38
Waist 33.9
Bust 35.1

I should measure arms and shoulders as I am wanting to attempt that tapered waist look soon enough. I’d also like to get my waist down to 30 inches (I miss my 2016 days).

Anyway, I’m restarting this “blog” in a relaxed manner so I can keep track. Will also be useful as I’d like to start doing more free weights (someone teach me how to deadlift properly please, I have a ****ed left knee).

Enjoy my meme gym set that I love so much :love:

That’s all for now. May include some proper photos of me next week (I bloat badly while on my period so the photos wouldn’t be accurate at all).

I did the exact same thing with my workout/weightloss life style change. I fell back into a bit of a depressive state and ended up gaining some weight back on :frown: (Took days off work too :s-smilie:). But, a week ago I got back to get myself straight onto my gymming and healthier diet again to feel more comfortable with myself and feel less stressed all the time :redface:

Hope along with me, you aim for the goals you want to have and continue to better your mental health and sustain a happier lifestyle, Good Luck! :h: :five:
Reply 42
Original post by Kraggor
I did the exact same thing with my workout/weightloss life style change. I fell back into a bit of a depressive state and ended up gaining some weight back on :frown: (Took days off work too :s-smilie:). But, a week ago I got back to get myself straight onto my gymming and healthier diet again to feel more comfortable with myself and feel less stressed all the time :redface:

Hope along with me, you aim for the goals you want to have and continue to better your mental health and sustain a happier lifestyle, Good Luck! :h: :five:

Thanks Kraggor :hugs: hope you’re feeling better
Original post by Airmed
Thanks Kraggor :hugs: hope you’re feeling better

Always welcome :hugs:Doing a lot better thanks :smile: Just trying to not overwhelm myself with too many things to do :redface:
Reply 44
24 June:

Decided to go to the gym this evening even though I had a 3hr nap with a hot water bottle because of my period. If you don't know, I have suspected PCOS and I have menorrhagia (heavy periods) which wrecks my life. Yay.

None of this is in order. Gym was busy. Focus on arms and back, with a small bit of squats until my lower back and hips protested so that was enough of that :lol:

27.3kg lat pulls 3x10

18kg diverging seated row 3x10*

6kg Cross Body Hammer Curl 4x16

10kg bar bicep curl 3x10*

20.3kg diverging lat pulldown 3×10*

10kg incline press 3x8

8kg dumbbell row left 4x10

8kg dumbell row right 4x10

23kg*Rotary torso 30° 3x10 (both sides)

18kg back extension 1x10*

25kg 2x10

32kg 3x10

25.5kg triceps extension 3x10

27kg seated dip 1x10*

25.3kg 3x10*

27kg abdominals 3x10

25kg rear delt 3x10

20.3kg pec fly 3x10

With resistance band medium:

15kg bar squats 3x10

15kg pulse squats 3x10

The back extension and the rotary torso are new additions for me, hence the attemtps as I got used to the movements. Once my period is over and I'm not aching all over, I should be able to increase the weights sufficiently.

Used the massage chair at the gym and on the way home now. I was off on annual leave today and back at work9 tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a rest day. Seriously fighting the urge to have another bar of chocolate. Already gave into one today already, bad Cesca. Not hit my calorie limit yet though so got enough for a protein shake.

P.S saw 3 other people wearing the same leggings as me (see picture ft crazy nature hair). The others were all stick thin and there is me with my bloated womb and stomach. Self esteem level 0
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Airmed
24 June:

Decided to go to the gym this evening even though I had a 3hr nap with a hot water bottle because of my period. If you don't know, I have suspected PCOS and I have menorrhagia (heavy periods) which wrecks my life. Yay.

None of this is in order. Gym was busy. Focus on arms and back, with a small bit of squats until my lower back and hips protested so that was enough of that :lol:

27.3kg lat pulls 3x10

18kg diverging seated row 3x10*

6kg Cross Body Hammer Curl 4x16

10kg bar bicep curl 3x10*

20.3kg diverging lat pulldown 3×10*

10kg incline press 3x8

8kg dumbbell row left 4x10

8kg dumbell row right 4x10

23kg*Rotary torso 30° 3x10 (both sides)

18kg back extension 1x10*

25kg 2x10

32kg 3x10

25.5kg triceps extension 3x10

27kg seated dip 1x10*

25.3kg 3x10*

27kg abdominals 3x10

25kg rear delt 3x10

20.3kg pec fly 3x10

With resistance band medium:

15kg bar squats 3x10

15kg pulse squats 3x10

The back extension and the rotary torso are new additions for me, hence the attemtps as I got used to the movements. Once my period is over and I'm not aching all over, I should be able to increase the weights sufficiently.

Used the massage chair at the gym and on the way home now. I was off on annual leave today and back at work9 tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a rest day. Seriously fighting the urge to have another bar of chocolate. Already gave into one today already, bad Cesca. Not hit my calorie limit yet though so got enough for a protein shake.

P.S saw 3 other people wearing the same leggings as me (see picture ft crazy nature hair). The others were all stick thin and there is me with my bloated womb and stomach. Self esteem level 0

Crossbody hammer curls FTW :dumbells:
Reply 46
Original post by F1's Finest
Crossbody hammer curls FTW :dumbells:

I love them :lol: would have increased the weight but my body is protesting 4 days of gym in a row

Quick Reply

Latest