The Student Room Group

New GCSEs

I know some people have done little revision for GCSEs in the past and got good results but with the new grade 1-9 exams are people doing more revision now?
Original post by _ellagrayy
I know some people have done little revision for GCSEs in the past and got good results but with the new grade 1-9 exams are people doing more revision now?

It depends. If you are smart then you don’t need to revise much as a person who struggle. What did you get for most recent mock?
Bump
Reply 3
Original post by Bathila
It depends. If you are smart then you don’t need to revise much as a person who struggle. What did you get for most recent mock?

In mocks I got 2 sixes, 4 sevens, 3 eights and a 9 - I wouldn’t say I struggle but I’m worried that the reformed GCSEs will be harder than the mocks I took
Original post by _ellagrayy
In mocks I got 2 sixes, 4 sevens, 3 eights and a 9 - I wouldn’t say I struggle but I’m worried that the reformed GCSEs will be harder than the mocks I took

The mocks are harder than the real exam. But you should concerntrate on the subjects that you are least happy with. Revise for the subjects that you got 6s and try to improve the grade. Always aim for a 9 in every subject. You should revise because no one knows the exam grade boundaries for the new 9-1 GCSEs gonna be. Good luck revising. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest