The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Drewski
Small, simple.

Fiesta, Corsa, something of that ilk.

i've got a smart car
olly_springs
Similar, corsas are immensely cooler than either of these pieces of rubbish. :yep:

Tbh tho, get anything small except for a Ka or Micra, unless you are a massively open gay.

Never use "Corsa" and "immensely cool" in the same sentence.

Why exactly are Micras "massively gay"?
Reply 782
AugustWestie
Never use "Corsa" and "immensely cool" in the same sentence.

Why exactly are Micras "massively gay"?

There slow , pointless and ugly S .N . M
Do you really need a car?
fiesta. I got mine for less than £500. admittedly its a piece of **** but hey its cool and it 1.3 so it quite nippy. It does struggle on cold mornings mind.
obnoxious
There slow , pointless and ugly S .N . M

Exactly, you can't think of a single valid reason why they are gay.
Nico_SU
Don't get a Corsa - granted they look smart but they are such a typical 17 year old boy racer car and you will be more of a target for police. Something similar like a Polo or a Yaris is a good starting point I think.

I've been driving a 'boy racer car' for several years now, have yet to be stopped by the police:cool:

Polos are over priced, why pay a premium for a car that is practically the same as it's competitors:dontknow:
Reply 787
Peugeot 207 :yep:
Citroen saxos are cheap and cheerful :P, but personally i think your better off driving your mums car, much cheaper, and usually a better car.
Reply 789
olly_springs
Similar, corsas are immensely cooler than either of these pieces of rubbish. :yep:

Tbh tho, get anything small except for a Ka or Micra, unless you are a massively open gay.

anybody who thinks corsas are 'immensly' cool is either born female or a complete loser.

out of those cars, id say the new Polo is a cool car. they are reliable, modern, economical etc etc but most importantly they dont have a style/image problem.

if your a 17 year old who needs a car thats cheap on insurance, with a bit of cash and also has a peni' then get the new Polo. if you cant afford a one of them and just want a good reliable car that meets all the bills then get the Yaris.
Isherwood
Mini; beautiful to drive, good mpg, good speed & you shouldn't destroy your body if you crash.

The classic MINIs are becoming more and more rare nowadays
Reply 791
well im 17 and im getting myself a nice little vw fox
I have a black renault clio
Its awesome
it has a really good sound system (and i know quite a bit about sound systems)
it is great to drive
Cheap to insure
Good second hand
Lasts long time
generally pimpage
fuel lasts long time
You gotta get it
<3 my polo.

Its nippy for a first car, but still very low insurance. Reliable and good to drive also.
cheers for the advice everyone !

has anyone ever bought a car from ebay? The max I could afford is probably £1500
bob9001
cheers for the advice everyone !

has anyone ever bought a car from ebay? The max I could afford is probably £1500

You'd get a better one on Autotrader. One you can actually look at before you part with your money & get no bad feedback for not buying if it's a heap of junk.

£1500 is plenty to get a nice car.
Reply 796
obnoxious
1.6L VTEC Honda civic EG6/EK4 160 BHP

Fast - top speed 140 MPH ( if you want proof PM me ).

reliable - Hondas most reliable car manufacturer in the world and engines last up to 300,000KM.

small - small easy for first time drivers.

Economical - Very economic unless revved past 5,600RPM ( where VTEC kicks in ).

wow. that vtec thing sounds awesome.
Reply 797
Elementric
"oh look I'm really funny and can unhelpfully name a totally inappropriate car. -.-"

Well, to be fair, he asked for it - how exactly are we supposed to select a car for him based on two pieces of information: his age, and his gender.

I'm young and male, and I wouldn't be seen dead in a ******* Clio or anything of that class.

If he'd given a budget, some sort of idea of what he was looking for, maybe how he'd use it and what sort of performance he was wanting then maybe we could have done something...
Reply 798
.Andrew.
You'd get a better one on Autotrader. One you can actually look at before you part with your money & get no bad feedback for not buying if it's a heap of junk.

£1500 is plenty to get a nice car.

sellers on ebay usually let you see the car beforehand as well. in fact thats pretty much the norm.
Reply 799
L i b
Well, to be fair, he asked for it - how exactly are we supposed to select a car for him based on two pieces of information: his age, and his gender.

I'm young and male, and I wouldn't be seen dead in a ******* Clio or anything of that class.

If he'd given a budget, some sort of idea of what he was looking for, maybe how he'd use it and what sort of performance he was wanting then maybe we could have done something...

its not worth arguing with him mate.

Latest

Trending

Trending