The Student Room Group

Fitness blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SipThatTea
Brown bread, vegetables, tea with no sugar, no sugar and all that. Because i like sugar

900 cals

Hmm, what if I told you that I eat 3000 calories a day and a majority of those came from fats? I'm 5ft 9 and weigh 62.5kg (will list measurements, if you want). Nowadays, with new research coming to light there has been much debate about what's healthy. I won't bang on about it, you have access to the interwebs. :biggrin:

WOW! That's hella low!
Like one of the previous posters said, keep your cheat meals to once a week and that way you won't relapse. But a word of warning for you, if 900 calories is your maintenance and you're looking to lose weight, you will probably consume less than that. You may start fatiguing really soon and getting mood swings, not to mention deficiencies in things such as iron and selenium.

Also aim to keep the weight off. Choose a lifestyle, not a diet - it has to be sustainable or else you'll put all the weight back on.

Do you have other goals for your body too other than losing weight? :smile:
Original post by denteddental
Hmm, what if I told you that I eat 3000 calories a day and a majority of those came from fats? I'm 5ft 9 and weigh 62.5kg (will list measurements, if you want). Nowadays, with new research coming to light there has been much debate about what's healthy. I won't bang on about it, you have access to the interwebs. :biggrin:

WOW! That's hella low!
Like one of the previous posters said, keep your cheat meals to once a week and that way you won't relapse. But a word of warning for you, if 900 calories is your maintenance and you're looking to lose weight, you will probably consume less than that. You may start fatiguing really soon and getting mood swings, not to mention deficiencies in things such as iron and selenium.

Also aim to keep the weight off. Choose a lifestyle, not a diet - it has to be sustainable or else you'll put all the weight back on.

Do you have other goals for your body too other than losing weight? :smile:

3000????? Wow thats A LOT! I think

Ok maybe ill go higher but im not giving up junk food. We live in a world full of delicious food and nice places so why should i limit myself to healthy stuff? I like chocolates, crisps, juice and everything. I like fast food. Id rather not eat anything than give them up and two out of 7 days??? No way!!

Yeah which is why im going to stick a diet ill always use and stick to

Tone up and get a bigger bum. And to keep my breast size nice and toned
Goodluck in your journey,

Gonna tag @CleverSquirrel as she's made huge progress!

Hopefully she can give you advice.
Original post by Bulletzone
Goodluck in your journey,

Gonna tag @CleverSquirrel as she's made huge progress!

Hopefully she can give you advice.

Hey! Thanks. I’ve seen her blog and she eats healthy and doe excercise a lot which is what she will most likely advise me. I’m going down a different route.
Hey! Thanks. I’ve seen her blog and she eats healthy and doe excercise a lot which is what she will most likely advise me. I’m going down a different route.

I can tell, the route is "eat what I'm craving but in smaller amounts".

I'll just leave my advice, you can scoff your fries have your fast food etc but you'll probably be having 1-2 meals a day with very very very little calories.
A bic mac and fries is easily 800+ calories.
Eating that wouldn't sustain me for 2-3 hours which is why people crave some more etc.
The reason it's recommended you eat healthier is because you can eat a-lot more with less calories ingested into the body.

Do what works best for you :smile:
Original post by Bulletzone
I can tell, the route is "eat what I'm craving but in smaller amounts".

I'll just leave my advice, you can scoff your fries have your fast food etc but you'll probably be having 1-2 meals a day with very very very little calories.
A bic mac and fries is easily 800+ calories.
Eating that wouldn't sustain me for 2-3 hours which is why people crave some more etc.
The reason it's recommended you eat healthier is because you can eat a-lot more with less calories ingested into the body.

Do what works best for you :smile:

But healthy food is absolutely digusting!!!

I will tanks
Reply 26
But healthy food is absolutely digusting!!!

I will tanks

It's not if it's prepared and cooked correctly, believe me I was the last person that you would ever have thought of as eating healthy at 1 time.Of course I entirely agree with you about having a little junk food here and there - still got to have a little of what you like - just not as much of it or as frequently.
Original post by JaseyB
It's not if it's prepared and cooked correctly, believe me I was the last person that you would ever have thought of as eating healthy at 1 time.Of course I entirely agree with you about having a little junk food here and there - still got to have a little of what you like - just not as much of it or as frequently.

Vegtables are disgusting! Fruits are the only nice healthy stuff. But you cant eat fruits all the time but eggs with no ketchup, no bread, no CEREAL. Being healthy is very boring.
Reply 28
Vegtables are disgusting! Fruits are the only nice healthy stuff. But you cant eat fruits all the time but eggs with no ketchup, no bread, no CEREAL. Being healthy is very boring.

No bread no cereal ? since when ? Wholemeal bread and wholemeal cereals like porridge. oats, ready brek etc are all considered healthy options - what is it that you don't like about veggies?
Original post by JaseyB
No bread no cereal ? since when ? Wholemeal bread and wholemeal cereals like porridge. oats, ready brek etc are all considered healthy options - what is it that you don't like about veggies?

Oats are disgusting!
They are tasteless. Nothing!
Reply 30
Oats are disgusting!
They are tasteless. Nothing!

You can add things to them like fruit and nuts and seeds to make them taste nicer - I agree on their own they are bland.Personally I add stewed apple, chopped almonds, sesame seeds, cacao nibs (form of chocolate), and coconut to mine and they taste fine indeed.
Original post by JaseyB
You can add things to them like fruit and nuts and seeds to make them taste nicer - I agree on their own they are bland.Personally I add stewed apple, chopped almonds, sesame seeds, cacao nibs (form of chocolate), and coconut to mine and they taste fine indeed.

Those things you mentioned also taste bland so adding another bland thing doesnt make it taste nice
Reply 32
Those things you mentioned also taste bland so adding another bland thing doesnt make it taste nice

They aren't bland at all they have a rather nice taste but it was just an example you can pretty much flavour them with whatever you like.
Original post by JaseyB
They aren't bland at all they have a rather nice taste but it was just an example you can pretty much flavour them with whatever you like.

The problem is they taste disgusting to me so the only way to spice up oats is with plenty of sugar
Reply 34
The problem is they taste disgusting to me so the only way to spice up oats is with plenty of sugar

Or cinnamon in place of sugar? (never tried it myself but I read that's what a lot of people do.) It doesn't have to be oats inparticular pretty much any wholegrain cereal(provided it doesn't contain an excessive amount of added sugars).
Original post by JaseyB
Or cinnamon in place of sugar? (never tried it myself but I read that's what a lot of people do.) It doesn't have to be oats inparticular pretty much any wholegrain cereal(provided it doesn't contain an excessive amount of added sugars).

Cinnamon is gross to me
good luck!
Original post by CleverSquirrel
good luck!

Less than 2 hours until i can eat woohoo
this is so much easier than the other type of diets
I lost 1kg

Quick Reply

Latest