The Student Room Group

Fitness blog

Scroll to see replies

Something has to give. You either want to lose weight or you don’t

You’ve been given plenty of good advice on here about how to go about doing that

The ball is in your court. Nobody else can do this for you
Original post by Unistudent77
Something has to give. You either want to lose weight or you don’t

You’ve been given plenty of good advice on here about how to go about doing that

The ball is in your court. Nobody else can do this for you

I know. I’m going to take their advice
Guys im going to take this seriously. I think its important to lose weight to be healthy too cos i seriously need to cut off junk food or else i will go blind. Im gonna post on here regularly if i have drank 2L water becuse i dont drink water much. And if I exercised. I WILL be healthy and lose weight! :biggrin:
Exercised for 20 minutes and im already sweating buckets. But I need to continue

Drank 1L water and i need to drink 1L more
I brought myself a packet of chocolate digestives today and just rememberd now after i had just exercised:frown: i want to eat it so badly but I probably shouldnt ugh this is soooo difficult
and im pretty selfish with food so i dont wanna see it giving it to my family. I mean cant i have 3 or will that mess everything up:/
Being healthy is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. I mean I have to cut out tea, cappuccino, sugary snacks, frizzy drinks, cereal and basically most stuff i eat now. Lowkey upset but I mean my life is worth more
Original post by Rainfall
I brought myself a packet of chocolate digestives today and just rememberd now after i had just exercised:frown: i want to eat it so badly but I probably shouldnt ugh this is soooo difficult

This is probably testing my self control. Cos we eat sugary stuff a lot in the house so i need to keep strong. Im cuttig it off completely for at least 3 weeks then ill just have like a balanced diet. I mean except friday cos im going to a wedding but ill try not to est too mych. Ill give it to my sister
Lost 4 kg
Everyone is saying I’m losing weight but I’m incredibly fat and the scale doesn’t say that. Self esteem is getting lower... struggling. Doctors are telling me to start carb counting and that **** is the most time consuming and complicated **** I’ve ever heard. I don’t need that in my complicated life. Life would be so much better if I didn’t have Diabetes.
Looked at myself in the mirror and I absolutely hate my big belly!

I exercised . I ran up and down stairs and I’m sweating like crazy. I wont give up. Im drinking lots of water. I will have go to shopping though because there isn’t anything healthy at my house right now. I only had like 4 cups of tea today with lots of sugar. My blood sugar was very high this morning. 16.4 and now its decreasing to 8 because of the exercise. But it will get even lower and i may faint if I don’t eat food.
uhm... i literally did intense exercise and my tummy still looks the same??? i want results now!!!!!!
uhm... i literally did intense exercise and my tummy still looks the same??? i want results now!!!!!!

Doesn’t work like that. Consistency is key.
Idk but my tummy is looking smaller for some reason it probably hasn’t but idk im feeling good about it. I couldnt rlly lose weight cos i would keep getting hypos but im trying to eat fruits in between my meals so i dont get hypos cos if i do i need to consume tons of glucose and that obv aint gonna do me good.
I really want my face to be slimmer. I want my double chin to disappear so i can have a nice jawline. And so i dont look so fat in my hijab like i do now
OMG! We are in identical situations, I'm 5'7 1/2 and I weigh 76kg. I hate how I look and I always loose a bit of weight by cutting out bad foods and walking everywhere but then I have a bad day and give up on everything! My motivation is terrible :frown: Maybe we can motivate each other to stick to our goals!
Hey girl, you got it :smile: weight loss doesn't have to involve cooking fancy dishes, if you need a burst of energy you can just boil 1/4 of a pack of spaghetti and add half a tin of tomatoes or baked beans. 4 meals worth of food for just 80p. Probably cheaper than the pack of biscuits you bought

You won’t get results after one workout. You have to keep going and after a while you will see results. You didn’t put all the fat on in one day, you certainly won’t lose it in one day either.
Original post by alicegrimes27
OMG! We are in identical situations, I'm 5'7 1/2 and I weigh 76kg. I hate how I look and I always loose a bit of weight by cutting out bad foods and walking everywhere but then I have a bad day and give up on everything! My motivation is terrible :frown: Maybe we can motivate each other to stick to our goals!

Omg we’re the exact same! Having motivation is the hardest thing in the world! Of course we can, i was looking for someone to help me and i can help them:smile: start today properly
Original post by hello_shawn
Hey girl, you got it :smile: weight loss doesn't have to involve cooking fancy dishes, if you need a burst of energy you can just boil 1/4 of a pack of spaghetti and add half a tin of tomatoes or baked beans. 4 meals worth of food for just 80p. Probably cheaper than the pack of biscuits you bought

Thanksss :biggrin: I hope i do
That’s true... the biscuits cost £1.50 and i think i can save a lottttt of money by eating healthier. Thanks. I dont usually cook tbh but i always wanted to so perfect opportunity:wink:
Original post by TheDepressedOne
You won’t get results after one workout. You have to keep going and after a while you will see results. You didn’t put all the fat on in one day, you certainly won’t lose it in one day either.

Well I hope to see results in at least a week because i might lose hope then
Well I hope to see results in at least a week because i might lose hope then

Unfortunately, you won't see any noticeable changes.

Quick Reply

Latest