The Student Room Group

back to study after long break

hello I would like to understand if and how I can back to study after 3 years long break due to family problems.

I was attending well my second year at university for undergraduate BA architecture in London. I had a problem with 1 exam in second semester so didn't passed it and had to repeat it, all fine under here, but before paid almost 1k£, only to repeat this exam, my mum had a very strong and seriously car's incident, she was in coma for weeks, so I decided to stop everything and go back to my country to stay close her. It was very long time of rehab but fortunately everything went good and she back to normal life with no serious injuries. It was 2 years ago.
Before leave university I didn't speak with nobody just took a first plane and go. During these period, thinking was a good idea I started to work too as lumberjack and collected some money to paid that exam, and get more £ for the futures years. Now, in september I would like to back to study if still possible and continue the previous studies from where I left it, and so then finish RIBA(1). I would like to know what advices you could give me if I can join my uni and how to apply it for. Obviously I know to contact sfe and my student adviser or counsellor, but before it I need some clarification to don't stop my hope. thank you

Quick Reply

Latest