The Student Room Group

Advice plz

Right, I managed to get a place at a Uni doing Materials engineering, my choice was actually aerospace, but I fluffed a few grades on my A-levels :frown: .
Anyway, after studying the what the course entailed I wasn't really sure I wanted to be stuck doing this, and have decided on a gap year to think things over, and sort myself out. My options are:
1) Get a job for a few months, travel a bit, then come back and do the materials course anyway.
2) Try and get back into a college and redo A-levels, then take the aerospace course. (I got bored of this last year, which is why my grades dropped, so I'm afraid I may get just as frustrated again.)
3) Try to switch into mechanical next year (which I also enjoy), even though my grades don't reach the standards needed.
4) Get a job an sod it.........

Any ideas?
Reply 1
If You Didn't do really badly (just slipped a few modules) why don't you try to redo the modules at christmas then you can have the rest of the year to work/travel etc.
I know loads of people who are doing it although you may have to sign up as an external candiate and just go to the lessons you think will be useful. :cool:

Latest