The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm interested in going on a Spanish course in the summer.

xinixia; can I ask what sort of ages there were when you went to Barcelona? What sort of mix? Also, were there arranged trips out to places etc?

Thanks.
Reply 21
I was there 6 weeks October/November and the most common ages at the time were 20-25 year olds on gap years, and 40-45 year olds having just moved to Barcelona wanting to learn the language. Classes were mixed according to spanish skills. I could imagine that if you go there in the summer you'll be most likely to meet 18-30 year olds. The school itself do have arranged trips you can sign up for, and they also offer help if you want to go sightseeing on your own.
Reply 22
Oh okay, thanks :smile:

I'm a little worried I'd find myself being with people a lot older than myself. It's a shame there aren't classes especially for 18-25 years olds or something.
Reply 23
I wouldn't say you have any reason to worry :smile: There's plenty of possibility to mix with your own age group - if you decide to live with a host family they often pair you up with others your own age, and if you go for the rooms at the school itself there will definitely be others in the ages 18-25 as the "older" students usually opt for the host families.
Reply 24
Okay, I guess I'd be fine then.

I also have a friend who spends every summer in Barcelona, so if I went there then I could easily meet up with her a lot :smile:
Reply 25
The spanish summer school sounds really interested, but i know for a fact my parents would never let me go!
shame though, id love to!
Reply 26
omg shocking English :|
sounds really interesting*
Reply 27
Mathew
The spanish summer school sounds really interested, but i know for a fact my parents would never let me go!
shame though, id love to!

How come?
Reply 28
everyone! i'd totally recommend going to salamanca! it's such a beautiful city, and one of the safest in spain :smile: amazing studenty nightlife too. i loved it. plus you can go to madrid if you have a day off or something, or toledo/valladolid etc etc. goooo!! :biggrin: lol
Reply 29
city_chic
How come?

well im only 16 and cant see my parents letting me go to spain on my own :redface: :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending