Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 101
biffyclyro27
I was in H405 last year. Enjoy living in my old flat :smile:

Haha, got any tips?

And would i get away with having a mini fridge?
Scythica
Haha, got any tips?

And would i get away with having a mini fridge?

clean the oven! The grill was so dirty it would just billow out smoke when you tried to use it. Also, the heating in the flat is ****** and is on permanently so you have to use the radiator knobs to control it.

Should be fine with a fridge, i had one. There aren't any room inspections
Reply 103
Hey, anyone know if there are any aerial points in the rooms in Radnor? Or do we need to take portable aerials? I know there's freewire but just wondering as I'm thinking of taking an actual TV.

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who needs a room? I have one for £85 per week in Mutley. Please PM me if you're interested x
Reply 105
I gots a lovely house on Hillside Ave!!
Bex1989
Hey, anyone know if there are any aerial points in the rooms in Radnor? Or do we need to take portable aerials? I know there's freewire but just wondering as I'm thinking of taking an actual TV.

in robbins, we had arial points, but they weren't connected to anything! But i think my friend in Pilgrim had working ones, and thats pretty much the same as Radnor. I would just wait and see, but the uni do provide a freeview service through the internet connected, called freewire. Its basically just freeview on your PC
Reply 107
biffyclyro27
in robbins, we had arial points, but they weren't connected to anything! But i think my friend in Pilgrim had working ones, and thats pretty much the same as Radnor. I would just wait and see, but the uni do provide a freeview service through the internet connected, called freewire. Its basically just freeview on your PC

There were some in Robbins too but they never worked - I ended up using freewire - that was ok apart from I ended up ugrading my PC as it couldn't cope well and the netwrok went down one weekend so I was left without internet and tv!
coolandme
There were some in Robbins too but they never worked - I ended up using freewire - that was ok apart from I ended up ugrading my PC as it couldn't cope well and the netwrok went down one weekend so I was left without internet and tv!

yeah, i was in robbins. They weren't connected to an arial on the roof, they were just unconnected sockets. My freewire was alright, a bit jumpy at times though.
I have a diffrent situation, i live in st Austell, and i found out today, as i am applying to start next september that i can't apply for accomadation at the uni until i have started, which is going to be difficult, i live almost 90min on the train and just over an hour by car, and i have learning difficulties (dyslexia) so i would ideally need that travelling time as study time....any ideas????????:eek3: :eek: :confused:
Reply 110
You dont just have to live in uni owned accomodation. There are approved accomodation blocks here, which will run on a different system. The common ones are St Teresa and St Thomas....

Or you could live in a student house?
Just checking... but applying for accomodation for Septmeber 2010 cant be done until this February/March can it?
mid february i think they said on the info pack they sent me.....
Reply 113
lewislj
In the robins block, with standard rooms, how many people are there to a bathroom, on average?

Thanks for any response.

we have 5 guys to a shower and a toilet
Is anyone in Francis Drake, floor 1 flat 3?
:smile:
ANYONE LOOKING FOR A ROOM IN A HOUSE NEXT YEAR?!

185b north road west, right in town by the large sainsburys, drake circus and uni. only 85 a week with all bills etc inc. neeeeeeeds to be rented otherwise i have to pay it anyway (which obviously i cant afford) as im not coming back next year cos im getting a job instead. anyone interested let me no!!!!
Reply 116
Two bedrooms for rent for 10 month student contract, (5 guys so far) 7 bedroom house on Lipson Road - 5/10 min walk from uni campus and shops. One (slightly) smaller room at 83 pounds per week with all bills included (internet, tv license, tv included and a cleaner). Other very large room for 85 pounds per week. Large kitchen/diner and lounge with huge TV and 2 bathrooms. 2 car parking spaces as well in a private garage. Message me if interested.
Reply 117
Robbins L503 here...
Reply 118
Computing Student looking for a house here. Would prefer one with a good internet connection, all bills payed.
Original post by Karlz92
Robbins L503 here...

robbins j503 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending