The Student Room Group

College that welcomes more international students

Hello people!

I know that the application deadline is close, but I am still in the process of choosing which college to apply to.

Previously I went to the Open Day of Churchill College, and I thought that was a perfect place to study engineering. But, I also heard that some colleges welcome more international students than other colleges. Is this true? If so, does Churchill accept a larger proportion of international students than other colleges?

I am a non-EU citizen and currently studying in the IB course. Any advice will be very helpful for me.

Thanks
Reply 1
i think churchhill is fine, i know of someone studying engineering at churchhil who did the ib with me. apart from that, I think there are many international students at Fitzwilliam college. good luck!
Reply 2
Churchill has quite a few I believe. Trinity and John's (especially Trinity) take a lot in. Corpus probably takes the most of the smaller colleges.
Reply 3
Kaz62
Hello people!

I know that the application deadline is close, but I am still in the process of choosing which college to apply to.

Previously I went to the Open Day of Churchill College, and I thought that was a perfect place to study engineering. But, I also heard that some colleges welcome more international students than other colleges. Is this true? If so, does Churchill accept a larger proportion of international students than other colleges?

I am a non-EU citizen and currently studying in the IB course. Any advice will be very helpful for me.

Thanks

Kings has a reputation for lots of international students, but is also fairly oversubscribed. If you like Churchill then apply there, at least there's now a free bus to mitigate the problem that the eng dept and chu are so far apart!

Alaric.
Reply 4
i'd imagine every college would welcome them...after all it's more money!
Reply 5
priya
i'd imagine every college would welcome them...after all it's more money!

Not so true. Some colleges question their ability to cope with the stress of culture shock, making new friends in a strange environment, etc. Moreover, some colleges (particularly some, but not all, of the smaller ones) have a reputation for not properly understanding international qualifications. Overall I would say that if you are doing A-levels the college choice doesn't matter much, but if you're doing IB, French Bac, European Bac, APs, or anything else, you should investigate the college carefully.

Latest

Trending

Trending