The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Can they give a passage from any part of the booklet?

Also do you clarify the argument in that specific passage or do you give a summary of what the author is saying as a whole?
Reply 41
Anybody?
Yes it can be from any part of the booklet.

And whilst you might briefly refer to the rest of the passage to help you explain something, don't waste your time, because you're really supposed to write only about the passages they've given us.
Reply 43
So there is very little point of revising?
Reply 44
You need to revise what topics the extracts cover.. For example, if the Ayer extract comes up (which I, and most people, reckon it will) you will need to know about religious experience and language
Reply 45
eDDeboo
You need to revise what topics the extracts cover.. For example, if the Ayer extract comes up (which I, and most people, reckon it will) you will need to know about religious experience and language

Are you gonna revise Donovan?
Aciassa
Are you gonna revise Donovan?

i would!! they told my teacher and me that relgion and morality would defenetly come up in the developments exam and it didnt so i wouldn't trust them
Reply 47
who said Ayer will come up :s-smilie:
Reply 48
All this Ayer and stuff is just the philosophy one, isn't it? They don't matter if you are doing the ethics one?
Reply 49
I'm taking a gamble and just revising Ayer.. There's a really helpful thread specifically for Ayer now too
Reply 50
i like Donovan..
Reply 51
AHHHH I hate Jameison!! What he is saying? What the hell is he going on about, it's so boring! How are we meant to relate this to anything, it's so wordy and long and tiresome! I've actually come to like Lafollete's after this! If Jameison comes up I will seriously scream!!
LieDown
AHHHH I hate Jameison!! What he is saying? What the hell is he going on about, it's so boring! How are we meant to relate this to anything, it's so wordy and long and tiresome! I've actually come to like Lafollete's after this! If Jameison comes up I will seriously scream!!

Completely agreed - I just re-read Jamieson, and it's going to be really difficult to link anything with it!

I'm HOPING, PRAYING for LaFollette to come up - so much easier!
Reply 53
Yes I am too! Although all the signs my teacher got at meetings and stuff all point to LaFollette, so let's just hope *fingers crossed*
I've got quite a bitfor LaFollette, including examples and I can think of wider implications and even brign in another subject (not one I'm currently doing, but I've read books on anthropology cos I want to do it at uni!) but no other subject...that bits hard!
Just finishing re-reading Jamieson, got the whole thing in front of me....so boring! I really don't care about what he's saying, and because it's more like a textbook, and dosn't actually spark off any discussion or things to link in with it! Lets just hope th examiners won't be that mean for the first year; maybe thye'll do it next year!

Latest

Trending

Trending