The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

im asian (As tho it ent obvious by my username) bt i like to keep a mixed grp of friends. the sad thing is that some of my english friends are somewhat intimidated by my asian friends. for my 17th i invited evry1, n one of my english friends commented on how many indians there were n i was like, well im sorry, i cant help the friends keep, and there would b more english ppl here if some of them hadnt dropped out at the last minute. it annoys me that sum ppl cant accept that i hav a grp of asian friends...and i hav to contemplate b4 inviting evry1 out togeva, coz of these few ppl.

British Asians ( many of them ) try to hang out in groups of their own skin colour just to show off how " Asian " and kewl they are . In fact , these are the people that
have little sense of patriotism and individual identity .

i hav to agree wiv this statement, it seems apparent that does tend to apply to the majority that do hang around wiv jus asians. sometimes it cant be helped, especially if u live in a large asian communuity, bt if u r one of those ppl that jus keep asian friends bcoz ur asian, then u shud rethink ur sense of pride (if thats the right wrd to use). i am proud of my culture and my religion bt i dnt believe that i need to constantly hang around wiv ppl of my culture and religion to prove myself as being asian.

im sorry if this has offended any1, it wasnt intended to, i jus had to get this off my chest.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
PureDesiPride
im asian (As tho it ent obvious by my username) bt i like to keep a mixed grp of friends. the sad thing is that some of my english friends are somewhat intimidated by my asian friends. for my 17th i invited evry1, n one of my english friends commented on how many indians there were n i was like, well im sorry, i cant help the friends keep, and there would b more english ppl here if some of them hadnt dropped out at the last minute. it annoys me that sum ppl cant accept that i hav a grp of asian friends...and i hav to contemplate b4 inviting evry1 out togeva, coz of these few ppl.

i hav to agree wiv this statement, it seems apparent that does tend to apply to the majority that do hang around wiv jus asians. sometimes it cant be helped, especially if u live in a large asian communuity, bt if u r one of those ppl that jus keep asian friends bcoz ur asian, then u shud rethink ur sense of pride (if thats the right wrd to use). i am proud of my culture and my religion bt i dnt believe that i need to constantly hang around wiv ppl of my culture and religion to prove myself as being asian.

im sorry if this has offended any1, it wasnt intended to, i jus had to get this off my chest.

No offense or anything but why do you have to talk like that? lol, text speak on forums is even more annoying than when its on mobiles!!! :mad:
Reply 22
Hey now. Racial Segregation - a tad extreme!

Asians chill together cos they have a lot in common, same backgrounds etc. i'm an asian who plays hockey, from a state school. Many people my age who play hockey come from posh public schools, i.e Millfield, Bromsgrove, Kent College. I find it difficult to mix with some of these guys because were from entirely different walks of life. I dont dislike them, i'm just a bit more comfortable with others like me. This is what happens at university as well.

Anyway, big up to all u asians.its 'kewl' to be who we are!!!You know this is true when you go to a desi beats gig and its packed wiv gora!
Anyway, big up to all u asians.its 'kewl' to be who we are!!!You know this is true when you go to a desi beats gig and its packed wiv gora!

ok i give u credit there.

i totally understand that u feel more comfortable wiv ppl of the same background as u...that is a completely acceptable reason. but do u understand wat i mean when i say that u dnt need to hang around wiv just asians JUST because u are asian yourself?
Reply 24
PureDesiPride

i totally understand that u feel more comfortable wiv ppl of the same background as u...that is a completely acceptable reason. but do u understand wat i mean when i say that u dnt need to hang around wiv just asians JUST because u are asian yourself?

I have white and black friends aswell. i'm not someone who ignores them, one of my best mate's is white. But the thing is we are different. Typical example is when we go out on the lash. With him and my white friends its your typical gora's night out, i.e. yates etc, then a nightclub playing pop music. Dont enjoy it much!But wiv asian mates its bhangra gigs, r 'n' b, hip hop, etc. I know its stereotypical but for me its the reality. I think someone who has lived in a large asian community will always end up being closer to asians.
Reply 25
PureDesiPride

yeh i get ya.. i mean im british indina.. but i actually never hang with any asians.. i don't liek them they too closed minded and most of the girls are slags (no offence) but they really don't know jack about their culture.. so why hang with peeps like that?
Reply 26
xEnigmax
yeh i get ya.. i mean im british indina.. but i actually never hang with any asians.. i don't liek them they too closed minded and most of the girls are slags (no offence) but they really don't know jack about their culture.. so why hang with peeps like that?

Agreed. Im also asian and I know exactly what you mean.
Reply 27
rt6
Agreed. Im also asian and I know exactly what you mean.

glad someone else does...maybe there is still hope for our generation then :rolleyes:

Latest