The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
BetterThanYesterday
guys can we pay our deposits via online?
I visited here but I have no clue from then on.

Just do it over the phone, quickest and easiest.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Shiva17
I'm planning on attending the international orientation program! I'm going to try to move into Schafer the 21st so I have some time to get my cell phone and buy things for my room so by the time orientation starts I can focus on meeting people.

See you at ISOP then?

Yep - See you at ISOP! I will just have to write them that I will arrive earlier!

BTW... I also got my accomodation offer via post and I had to send back one included form after paying the deposit. It didn't work over the internet when it came to the point where you have to go to Barclay's webpage... it always said Invalid URL... so I just called them and paid over phone!
Reply 1982
Shiva17
haha. i got my offer by post. I'm sure it will be coming very soon! At least your post doesn't have to cross the atlantic :smile:

So you are planning on moving in monday too?? thats awesome!

No, but it still takes about two weeks.. I don't know why but UCL seems to use a very slow postal service.

Yes, I booked the flight ages ago. I also figured it would be best to have two days to sort everything out.
Reply 1983
I emailed them & they replied saying that a decision STILL hasn't been made. I'd have to wait another 2 weeks before emailing them again. Sigh.
I don't have to worry about this for a while yet but what's the likelihood of getting accomodation if you already live in London? I live in East London and I don't fancy having to catch two trains, there and back everyday plus I think I'd find it a lot harder to make friends if I didn't live in halls or something...Or would they just stick me in a really rubbish place?
Reply 1985
purplesky
I don't have to worry about this for a while yet but what's the likelihood of getting accomodation if you already live in London? I live in East London and I don't fancy having to catch two trains, there and back everyday plus I think I'd find it a lot harder to make friends if I didn't live in halls or something...Or would they just stick me in a really rubbish place?

Doesn't make a difference. All first years get guaranteed accommodation - I live in south west london and still got Astor College after writing a little note on the form. No worries!
Reply 1986
Im a bit of an idiot, my form must be returned by tomorrow and i havent sent it yet!! I have paid my deposit though and filled out the form and will post it off recorded first class tomorrow morning, do you guys think it will be okay!!??
Reply 1987
vj69
Im a bit of an idiot, my form must be returned by tomorrow and i havent sent it yet!! I have paid my deposit though and filled out the form and will post it off recorded first class tomorrow morning, do you guys think it will be okay!!??

I was a little worried too because I'm sending my form from the U.S. and there has been some annoying incidents of my post getting lost in the mail so i'm worried mine won't get there by the 31st or at all for that matter. but if you paid the deposit, i really think thats the most important thing and they couldn't possibly give away your spot if you paid the deposit. you should be okay, but if you are really worried, you can call your building and let them know that you paid the deposit online and that the form is on its way.
vj69

really, no worries. I received my offer by post like three weeks later when they made the offer, which automatically means the offer would have been lapsed. I was extremely worried about the status of an offer, but it's obviously not our fault. Just call and explain them and you will be fine.
Lissa89
Doesn't make a difference. All first years get guaranteed accommodation - I live in south west london and still got Astor College after writing a little note on the form. No worries!

Really? That's a relief, thanks. :smile:
Reply 1990
They will get my letter on Monday because i sent it via recorded first class so it should be okay but i might phone the accomadation office anyway.
Reply 1991
have most people heard already? I'm unconditional and sent it off in March...
zef99
have most people heard already? I'm unconditional and sent it off in March...

By the looks of it most unconditionals on here have heard back... Although we were told not to expect anything until after results...
I haven't heard anything yet. I've only been unconditional since early July, but I know at least some people who were confirmed as unconditional in June have heard already.
Lizia
It could just be that they do the allocations in two sets- "real" unconditionals who met their offers last year, and people getting results this year? So although you're technically an unconditional now, they'll allocate you with all the others getting their results in August?

That's a real probability...
Lizia
It could just be that they do the allocations in two sets- "real" unconditionals who met their offers last year, and people getting results this year? So although you're technically an unconditional now, they'll allocate you with all the others getting their results in August?

That's what I thought would happen originally. But some people who were conditional and turned in their qualifications in June have already received their assignments. Plus, when I emailed them last week they said I should email back in 2 weeks (ie about a week from now), which is before results day, right? I'm thinking they do several sets of allocations and that I should be in the next one (*fingers crossed*).
On what day are people supposed to move into accom this year? Does it vary depending? Because my sister needs to book time off to come and help me but I don't know when to say.
Reply 1997
littleshambles
On what day are people supposed to move into accom this year? Does it vary depending? Because my sister needs to book time off to come and help me but I don't know when to say.

The official moving in dates, as far as I'm aware, is the 26th and 27th September.
Reply 1998
I'm doing the Saturday, I think.
HELLLPPP!!

For some ridiculous reason, when I sent off the accommodation slip I ticked the most important factor as wanting a fridge in my room because that way I thought I would get Astor College..which at the time, I wanted.

Having looked more into it, Astor College is the LAST place I want to go! The reason being is that it isn't self-contained/cluster flats.

I really, really want/NEED to be in a flat, not down some corridor.

My question is, can I contact the accommodation office and ask them about this? Would they change my preferences? Can I just ask them that I basically don't mind where they put me as long as it's some kind of flat?

Also - I haven't got my offer yet...should I contact them before August 20th, or wait until I have my offer and THEN contact them?

Help!

Latest

Trending

Trending