The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
liljaforever
I got my contract a few weeks ago with the deadline 31st July (Friday) but could only send it the Monday before. Are they really as strict as they say with their deadlines? (i.e. will my "offer lapse" if the reply slip arrives a day later?) And do they send out a confirmation of receipt or so? tia.

I'm also wondering this. I sent my slip off on July 19th and deposit a week before that, well in time of the deadline, however, I haven't heard back from them and I spoke with them over the phone, but they said I should call again some other time because they were having troubles logging into the system. I'm sure everything is fine, just want to double check. :p:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
In answer to your question liljaforever, my slip and payment was on time (as far as I know anyway) and I have not received any kind of confirmation yet. I know another person is in the same position, so I don't think they send confirmations of receipt tbh.
Reply 2022
I sent my payment in for the deposit. I didn't receive any confirmation, but the money has been taken from my bank account, so I presume everything's fine. Check your online banking/ bank balance and see if they've taken the money.
Lizia
I sent my payment in for the deposit. I didn't receive any confirmation, but the money has been taken from my bank account, so I presume everything's fine. Check your online banking/ bank balance and see if they've taken the money.

:ditto:

Also my payment was on time, but my form was late. There was still no problem.
Reply 2024
No confirmation either of deposit payment or accommodation acceptance. Tbh I think that they will send confirmation of accommodation and perhaps floor and room number once everybody (that's conditional offers) have got their accommodation too. It makes sense that it would be easier for them to do it all at once.
Does anyone remember the preferences on the form? I have an email back now from the accommodation office saying to just email them with the changes...

I know one was the amount you're willing to pay, which I'm changing.

What were some of the most important preferences options? I only remember the ones like having a fridge, proximity to UCL, and single room. What are the others?

If anyone still has their form that would be amazing...
Reply 2026
bubble123
Does anyone remember the preferences on the form? I have an email back now from the accommodation office saying to just email them with the changes...

I know one was the amount you're willing to pay, which I'm changing.

What were some of the most important preferences options? I only remember the ones like having a fridge, proximity to UCL, and single room. What are the others?

If anyone still has their form that would be amazing...

Well, just have a look at the online accomodation booklet.
There you can also download the application form with all the preferences etc.

I'd love to change the amount I'm willing to pay but I know they are allocating my place at the moment so I don't want to interfere.
I actually want to be put into Schafer but I said I was willing to pay 117 pounds and I think they will raise the rent to about 120 pounds...
Do you think they'd put me there? Because, tbh, 3 pounds a week aren't that bad lol
Reply 2027
Lissa89
No confirmation either of deposit payment or accommodation acceptance. Tbh I think that they will send confirmation of accommodation and perhaps floor and room number once everybody (that's conditional offers) have got their accommodation too. It makes sense that it would be easier for them to do it all at once.

Like I said, check your bank account. If the money's gone, then they've received the deposit. I don't think any of the leaflets said you'd get a confirmation, did they? It just said send the money to reserve your place, which if they've taken the cash has been done. I don't think you get room numbers and all that until you arrive, from what other people have said.
Reply 2028
Oh yeah I know they've got my deposit, I did it over the phone and the money's gone etc.

And we'll find out how it all works soon enough!
Reply 2029
Guys as long as you pay the deposit your accomadation will be confirmed. They don't seem to reply to emails so if you want to contact them it must be by phone.

Everyone who is going to want tickets to big nights better contact me when they get to uni :-P
Yaaay, managed to change my preferences. Changed single most important preference to 'SHared flat' and upped the weekly limit on how much I want to pay to £120. I'm happy! NOw i just have to get in.... :/
Reply 2031
I've got a single room at Arthur Tattersall.
Hmm, I actually wanted to get into Schafer.... How's AT?
Reply 2032
I got a twin-room at Lillian Penson. The office made a mistake when transferring the info on the paper application to their electronic database. They seemed to think I wanted to have a shared room. Sigh.
Reply 2033
Sijia
I got a twin-room at Lillian Penson. The office made a mistake when transferring the info on the paper application to their electronic database. They seemed to think I wanted to have a shared room. Sigh.

And they can't change it anymore even though they know they've made a mistake? That's weird :s-smilie:
Reply 2034
i havent got allocated yet i am an unconditional. My department said that i should get allocated by early-mid august. should i contact the accommodation office now?
audria
i havent got allocated yet i am an unconditional. My department said that i should get allocated by early-mid august. should i contact the accommodation office now?

No, there's no point. If you got a card back, then they'll allocate you...
Reply 2036
Meela
And they can't change it anymore even though they know they've made a mistake? That's weird :s-smilie:

No, b/c they can't seem to find my original paper application, so they can't verify. That & they have already allocated all the rooms, so there's no way I can be reallocated. I'll just have to wait & see how the situation plays out. :frown:
Reply 2037
vj69
Yeah from what i remember there was a few shops and restaurants nearby. If you feel like it just a road ot two away there is the spearmint rhino club too haha. Kings cross st pancreas is very close and uni is a short walk away. Yeah i think it's one of the best! Shame about no squash court or whatever but the uni gym is nearby so its all good!

Haha oh yes definitely my thing...:p: Not too sporty myself, would like to change that at uni though, suppose the gym would be a good place to start. Anyone know how much it costs per year?
Reply 2038
For the ones that are disappointed with the accommodation given to them, I have something that may lighten you up a bit.

I will be homeless and therefore sleep at the steps of UCL or in the library every evening for at least a month since Royal Mail lost my application.

Hope you feel better, over and out :biggrin:
Saiming
For the ones that are disappointed with the accommodation given to them, I have something that may lighten you up a bit.

I will be homeless and therefore sleep at the steps of UCL or in the library every evening for at least a month since Royal Mail lost my application.

Hope you feel better, over and out :biggrin:

HAHA unlucky. I'd like to help a fellow swede out but there's nothing anyone can do really :frown:

Didn't you send it recorded?

Latest

Trending

Trending