The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
bubble123
AHHH i am getting soooo stressed about this!! Just sent them an angry email, lol. I can't believe I haven't even been ASSIGNED YET, this is ridiculous.

Just out of interest - is it a woman that answers the phone?

Yep it is a woman.

Does anybody know anything about Camden, is it a nice place?
All I know is that I am desperately in love with Bloomsbury.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2161
anyone wanna swap with single in max rayne?
Noémie
...they have thousands to get through, why are you pissed that you're not assigned yet?

i know they have thousands to get through but there are people who got their results the same time as me who've already been assigned...i sent it off in january - how hard can it be? But no what actually annoys me, which might sound ridiculous because it's not my situation, is people who put catered down and have been put in self-catered places/asked specifically for a single room and have ended up with a twin/had their slip LOST by UCL so now they have to basically wait right at the end of the line. I've just never heard of an accommodation office being so inefficient and messing things up so much.
Noémie
jealous! i wanted arthur t. it's beautiful from the outside at least. but i have a single at ramsay so life goes on.
arthur t is on gower street, literally across the road from waterstones. it's good. i assume it'd be a bit noisy because it's a main road.

Aww, I wanted Campbell House West!

Haha I'll look up some pics!

Oooh that sounds good - at least you're in the social place! My friend is living there too and you guys are going to be the party hosters!

Yeah, location would be perfect if it wasnt for the fact that my building is outside of the main UCL building and oh no! I sleep really lightly - earplugs here I come!

As for the Waterstones, looks like I'm going to be even more broke than the average student then - I love books (currently work in Smiths) and that'll just be too tempting! x
Reply 2164
bubble123
i know they have thousands to get through but there are people who got their results the same time as me who've already been assigned...i sent it off in january - how hard can it be? But no what actually annoys me, which might sound ridiculous because it's not my situation, is people who put catered down and have been put in self-catered places/asked specifically for a single room and have ended up with a twin/had their slip LOST by UCL so now they have to basically wait right at the end of the line. I've just never heard of an accommodation office being so inefficient and messing things up so much.

I know exactly what you mean. I put Intercollegiate Halls as first and then I wanted a hall which has close proximity to the campus. I am given Ifor Evans, which is not an intercollegiate and it is 'miles away' from the campus. I do not know how they do it...
I want a room :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Can you email? I hate ringing people.
Saiming
I know exactly what you mean. I put Intercollegiate Halls as first and then I wanted a hall which has close proximity to the campus. I am given Ifor Evans, which is not an intercollegiate and it is 'miles away' from the campus. I do not know how they do it...

exactly! they seem to have basically messed EVERYTHING up...how hard is it to give people at least *kind of* what they want? Jeeeez...
littleshambles
I want a room :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Can you email? I hate ringing people.

Out of the 3 emails i've sent them this year, they've replied to one. I hate ringing too but i had to to get anything out of them. I can't be bothered to ring again because i'm not getting anywhere with the person on the end of the line so i'm planning on just re-sending the email i sent them every day until i get a reply. (I know, I'm their nightmare student :rolleyes: )
Reply 2168
Saiming
Yep it is a woman.

Does anybody know anything about Camden, is it a nice place?
All I know is that I am desperately in love with Bloomsbury.

Camden is pretty cool. There's lots to do there; you've got the market, high street and there's loads of pubs and the nightlife is pretty decent. If you're living there, there's a massive Sainsburys and Morrisons. =] Only problems I can think of is that it's a bit busy on the weekends with the tourists and whatnot, but that's not really a problem. It's a bit dodge at night, but it's usually drunks that you can ignore.
bubble123
Out of the 3 emails i've sent them this year, they've replied to one. I hate ringing too but i had to to get anything out of them. I can't be bothered to ring again because i'm not getting anywhere with the person on the end of the line so i'm planning on just re-sending the email i sent them every day until i get a reply. (I know, I'm their nightmare student :rolleyes: )

Lol :p: I am just going to email, I'm kind of worried in case they've lost my application :frown: but not worried enough to overcome my fear of the phone. :smile:

I was hoping too that I might get what I want (something close to UCL, self-catered, I don't care whether it's single or shared but I put proximity as priority)... But seems like that probably won't happen either. Must it be such a lottery. :colonhash:
Reply 2170
fait
Camden is pretty cool. There's lots to do there; you've got the market, high street and there's loads of pubs and the nightlife is pretty decent. If you're living there, there's a massive Sainsburys and Morrisons. =] Only problems I can think of is that it's a bit busy on the weekends with the tourists and whatnot, but that's not really a problem. It's a bit dodge at night, but it's usually drunks that you can ignore.

Ok, thanks very much fait for the concise summary. Another worry I have is that since I will be living so far out maybe I will be 'missing out' on the fun. I know that it may be just a silly worry I have but the distance to the campus really does worry me.
I got a shared room in Arthur Tattersall!!
Reply 2172
bubble123

I do not know if this may help of not. I have been calling them a fair bit and there are two guys that work there that just seem so incredibly apathetic and are not at all wanting to help you out. All they give you is some lame answer. However I have noticed that there is a very very nice lady that works there from wed - fri from around 1500 - 1700 (at least that is when I 'catch' her) I called her twice and everything was settled.

I hope this helps.
Give the accommodation peeps a chance, it said on the cards the 7th of sept! The more time they spend answering calls and replying to emails the less time they have to allocate places! I know I know, easy for me to say, I've already got my place, and it's where I wanted, but I wouldn't have been pestering them until after the 7th September if I hadn't
Reply 2174
Saiming
Ok, thanks very much fait for the concise summary. Another worry I have is that since I will be living so far out maybe I will be 'missing out' on the fun. I know that it may be just a silly worry I have but the distance to the campus really does worry me.

No problem. :biggrin:

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can take the bus, which take like 5 minutes from Camden to outside UCL's campus. And if you walk, shouldn't take you more than 15-20mins, maybe less.
True, actually the longer I wait to get my offer the better because I might actually have an overdraft by then and be able to pay the deposit...
Reply 2176
vintage_007
Twin room Arthur Tatterstall house - just rang up to find out - not sure what this means yet - I'm about to do some research :smile:

Yay, hello neighbour :biggrin:
Reply 2177
fait
No problem. :biggrin:

Nah, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can take the bus, which take like 5 minutes from Camden to outside UCL's campus. And if you walk, shouldn't take you more than 15-20mins, maybe less.

Ok lovely. Then there is no risk on missing out on the fun :biggrin::biggrin:

HURRAH! :woo:
Reply 2178
flying twig
Nope, Shcafer, Astor and Campbell house east + west had the cheapest rooms last year. It was about £116 for a single (except for Astor which was cheaper). I'm assuming all of schafer and campbell house have had the same increase in price. I don't think there are that many rooms in shcafer that are double and the letter seems quite clear that if you refuse it you will not get another offer. If you really want to get a double you'd be better off asking around for someone to swap because I bet there's loads of people sharing who would want a single!

At least this way we'll get used to living on the budget we will be on for the next 3 years though! :smile:
In second and third year I think there is no way at all we would find accomodation for £86 something a week

Oh, that's news to me! Oh no, I think it was The Mute that was thinking of switching, I'm good with having a single. After a bit of research, Schafer seems pretty cool. And I seem to keep forgetting that £120 covers electricity and everything, haha.

Congrats on getting Schafer too btw; looks like we'll be seeing each other next month hopefully!
fack, looks like schafer is all booked up. great. thanks ucl!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending