The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

PierreSonne
Did they tell you when you should call again ?

nope!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
i really dont understand why the phone is busy all the time, and when it's not no-one picks up. wtf is happening..................
Reply 582
Hey does anyone know if we are allowed to use iPlayer and 4OD in halls. cos on the website UCL say we can't use stuff that puts too much pressure on the network. I assume iPlayer would as each programme is 100-200 mb.

Thnks. I'm in James Lighthill btw
functionalchemistry
i really dont understand why the phone is busy all the time, and when it's not no-one picks up. wtf is happening..................

when it's not busy, we've to wait for like 5-10 minutes and then they pick up...
so coooll :biggrin:
Reply 584
jc123
Hey does anyone know if we are allowed to use iPlayer and 4OD in halls. cos on the website UCL say we can't use stuff that puts too much pressure on the network. I assume iPlayer would as each programme is 100-200 mb.

Thnks. I'm in James Lighthill btw

It's fine. I think it's more if you are downloading loads of torrents, stuff like films and lots of music...
PierreSonne
when it's not busy, we've to wait for like 5-10 minutes and then they pick up...
so coooll :biggrin:

they picked up. i got allocated to Nutford house... =S i was a bit put down coz of the distance from ucl and stuff...but arghh i dunno, better than nothing.. at leats i get a single..
functionalchemistry
they picked up. i got allocated to Nutford house... =S i was a bit put down coz of the distance from ucl and stuff...but arghh i dunno, better than nothing.. at leats i get a single..

Lucky you ! :smile:
their system is okay now, isn't it ?
what did they tell you ? how long did you wait ?
PierreSonne
Lucky you ! :smile:
their system is okay now, isn't it ?
what did they tell you ? how long did you wait ?

a guy picked up this time, he didnt seem very motivated but he told me after a few secs that i has a single room allocated at nutford house and they i'd receive an email from them soon....
lily_blue3
Peeps from Ramsay - our deposit was £150 right?

Sure was.:smile:
if someone could tell be bout nutford?
Sorry, I think maybe I missed the answer to this, but how many rooms are in a typical Schafer flat?
i was told i got Ifor Evans Hall.... im quite worried as it's written there ll be building works this year :s but anyways ive a place to stay :smile:
do you guys know when the deadline for sending back the deposit and stuff is ? they told me my stuff was sent and ive still nothing so im afraid the mail was lost... :frown:
Reply 592
So, I've got an offer for accomodation for Commonwealth Hall. I was quite pleased, from the information that I had before, it was certainly near the top of my list, and an intercollegiate hall as I was hoping for.

So, anyway, I was on Facebook, and thought I'd do a search for Commonwealth Hall, see if there was a group to join. What I ended up discovering was a group called "Commonwealth Hall does not do exactly what it says on the tin" - which basically makes it sound like Commonwealth Hall is really quite awful. Now, it's uni accomodation, I really don't expect anything special, but some of the (many) things mentioned in this group are worrying me a fair bit:

Fines for bringing guests back after 11 - and you have to pay for them even if they come in before 11

People consistently told off for low levels of noise, but others who makes loads of noise are ignored

Receptionist was caught having a **** whilst on the job (!)

JCR money (£6000) doesn't appear to be spent on anything

Cleaners come in without knocking

Staff consistently rude, and downright obtuse (vacumming up your spair change from the desk WHILE you're sitting there watching them)

Showers all cleaned at the same time

This is ignoring lots of issues mentioned in the group - especially the food and fees stuff, both of which I really expect and aren't worth complaining about.

Anyway, I'm pretty horrified to discover such a strong movement against my accomodation. I do not want to risk losing my accomodation - presumably there is no way for me to switch to another hall?
Reply 593
Does anyone know if we're meant to get confirmation that they're received the acceptance of accomodation & deposit?
I sent mine off on Thursday (1st class) and haven't heard anything, and the cheque hasn't left my account yet. The fact my postman (or someone at royal mail who handles our post) is a bit of a klepto means I'm a tad weary of just accepting that it's been delivered without confirmation, especially considering how close the deadline is.

C-
Meg_Lili
Does anyone know if we're meant to get confirmation that they're received the acceptance of accomodation & deposit?
I sent mine off on Thursday (1st class) and haven't heard anything, and the cheque hasn't left my account yet. The fact my postman (or someone at royal mail who handles our post) is a bit of a klepto means I'm a tad weary of just accepting that it's been delivered without confirmation, especially considering how close the deadline is.

C-

i got a confirmation sheet through today, it was on a green card.
i paid for my accomodation on the 22nd of aug, so you may have to wait abit
Reply 595
well i just rang the accommodation office and im not getting accommodation im not sure what to do
Reply 596
Meg_Lili

C-

I paid in person a few weeks back and received my receipt today in the post. Call them if you're worried.
I cant decide between Schafer and Campbell East or West. Anyone got any really nasty stories about either of them to make up my mind for me?

People keep telling me that Schafer is antisocial because of the layout being in small flats.
But other people tell me Campbell is in a really dodgy area and just generally to avoid it as much as possible.

I'm wondering if maybe I should just not specify anywhere in particular and let fate decide, but then I might end up somewhere that I really dislike.
Anyone want James Lighthill (en-suite room), for Prankerd House or John Dodgson?

PM me asap :smile:
Reply 599
Joanna May

But other people tell me Campbell is in a really dodgy area and just generally to avoid it as much as possible.

I'm wondering if maybe I should just not specify anywhere in particular and let fate decide, but then I might end up somewhere that I really dislike.

huh? dunno who told you that.
Campbell house is in a perfectly fine area, it's right near the uni and it's a generally quiet and peaceful area.
Obviously the usual precautions you'd expect to take in central London are true, but it's certainly not what I'd call 'really dodgy'.

Latest

Trending

Trending