The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sparrowhawk12
So I was filling in my online accommodation form and I uploaded my photo, but then I realized the photo was the wrong size so I wanted to delete it and upload a new photo, but the link on the menu for the section to upload the photo is gone! I tried cancelling my form and starting over but faced the same problem. Someone please help. :frown:

Best bet is to call them up and they can reset your account. They did this for me last year for different reasons :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Sorry if I'm just being a complete idiot but I can't seem to log in to complete the accomodation form.

For the entry ID column I entered my UCL reference no. followed by "@live.ucl.ac.uk" so for my case I wrote: [email protected]

Then for the password I used the one that I had set up with my UCL personal email adress.

This however doesn't seem to work. Help?
Original post by pot noodle
Sorry if I'm just being a complete idiot but I can't seem to log in to complete the accomodation form.

For the entry ID column I entered my UCL reference no. followed by "@live.ucl.ac.uk" so for my case I wrote: [email protected]

Then for the password I used the one that I had set up with my UCL personal email adress.

This however doesn't seem to work. Help?

ID is different to reference number. My reference number is 110010002 but my ID is zcjthf3. I think to get the latter you had to someone generate it on the induction form online or something last year? Best bet would be to call up.
Original post by Noodlzzz
ID is different to reference number. My reference number is 110010002 but my ID is zcjthf3. I think to get the latter you had to someone generate it on the induction form online or something last year? Best bet would be to call up.

Yer cheers all sorted now. I did after a while enter the right things but even then for some reason the password I set wouldn't work so I had to reset it again. I'm just glad I didn't leave this to the very last minute
anyone at intercollegiate halls? if so which one are you at?
People have mentioned putting a 'note' on the form asking them to consider putting them in a specific hall/house. Where in the form can you put this?!
Original post by fawltyfan
People have mentioned putting a 'note' on the form asking them to consider putting them in a specific hall/house. Where in the form can you put this?!

People would put it on sticky notes on the paper forms.

I think I need to address this actually - guys it doesn't work. They have thousands upon thousands of people applying, they are ****ty at admin and you're lucky even to get what you specified (they're not obliged to and often neglect it) let alone the specific halls you want. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
ARGH can someone please help!

It won't let me log on with the password I've chosen (which I've logged on with before) and when I try and reset a new password it tells me it's not strong enough even though I do everything they say with the capitals, numbers, symbols etc. I've tried everything and it won't work. Called the accommodation office and they've been bloody useless and just told me there's nothing they can do.

I just can't see what I've done wrong.
Original post by Boom.Squish
ARGH can someone please help!

It won't let me log on with the password I've chosen (which I've logged on with before) and when I try and reset a new password it tells me it's not strong enough even though I do everything they say with the capitals, numbers, symbols etc. I've tried everything and it won't work. Called the accommodation office and they've been bloody useless and just told me there's nothing they can do.

I just can't see what I've done wrong.

Ah the joys of the password. As a student you have to do this 3 times a year and it's a bloody nuisance with all the restrictions. How long is it? For us it has to be 8 characters, have at least 2 capitals and 1 number, not be a real word and not be your username or ID number.

What are you putting as the username/ID? Maybe that's the issue.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Ah the joys of the password. As a student you have to do this 3 times a year and it's a bloody nuisance with all the restrictions. How long is it? For us it has to be 8 characters, have at least 2 capitals and 1 number, not be a real word and not be your username or ID number.

What are you putting as the username/ID? Maybe that's the issue.

I finally managed to get it to work but thanks! After entering about 300 different passwords, mind. I'm not sure what did it in the end but at least it's done :rolleyes:

Now, I might be being a bit paranoid here but for the photograph - you choose the file and press 'save and continue' right? There was no button to upload it and it didn't show me a preview or anything, just went straight onto the next page and now of course, I can't access the photo to make sure it's uploaded. Is this normal?
Original post by Boom.Squish
I finally managed to get it to work but thanks! After entering about 300 different passwords, mind. I'm not sure what did it in the end but at least it's done :rolleyes:

Now, I might be being a bit paranoid here but for the photograph - you choose the file and press 'save and continue' right? There was no button to upload it and it didn't show me a preview or anything, just went straight onto the next page and now of course, I can't access the photo to make sure it's uploaded. Is this normal?

Yes, the same happened to me - and I know they received it since I asked:smile:...
Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I've gone to this website https://www.ucl.ac.uk/our/regForm.do to try to register. I had no idea what my "Student Number" was so I just put in my UCAS Personal ID and it seemed to work. This was about a week ago so after hearing nothing I went back to see if my UCL userID thing had been generated but it has not.

Is it supposed to take this long?
Original post by Languid-Anomie

I've gone to this website https://www.ucl.ac.uk/our/regForm.do to try to register. I had no idea what my "Student Number" was so I just put in my UCAS Personal ID and it seemed to work. This was about a week ago so after hearing nothing I went back to see if my UCL userID thing had been generated but it has not.

It's not your UCAS number. It will be on any letter head or email from them in the format of 110010002 or something like that.

The very first piece of correspondence from UCL should have the ID written on it.

Failing that just call them up and ask for the ID.

Student number is the one called ´´Our Reference´´ on your offer letter - you do not wait for generation of UCL ID - I believe, this will be given to you upon registration at UCL in September. Once you give the required details to access your online accommodation application (´´online registration´´), you will be immediately sent an email with your unique token and will be said to create your own password. After doing this you are able to enter and fill in the application.

PS: I was applying for this year as well...
How much did you put up for maximum weekly rent? I put £150, but does that mean I will not get allocated a room for £160-£170. There is no option to go between £150 and £200.
Original post by studentofskhs
How much did you put up for maximum weekly rent? I put £150, but does that mean I will not get allocated a room for £160-£170. There is no option to go between £150 and £200.

My friend put 120 and got offered 210. Aint no guarantees. Learn quickly - UCL admin sucks ass.
Reply 6737
Hi !
Ive applied for a twin room at UCL because it is the cheapest, but Im worried that I may not like my roomate, any tips on that ?

Also, ive applied for non-catered accomodation and stated that proximity to university was most important to me. Any idea about which student house I might end up in.

Do you have to pay electricity bills during uni or is it just the room costs that you have to pay ?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Dominika4
Student number is the one called ´´Our Reference´´ on your offer letter - you do not wait for generation of UCL ID - I believe, this will be given to you upon registration at UCL in September. Once you give the required details to access your online accommodation application (´´online registration´´), you will be immediately sent an email with your unique token and will be said to create your own password. After doing this you are able to enter and fill in the application.

PS: I was applying for this year as well...

Hey, thanks for the response.

I've checked my offer letter several times and seen nothing about "Our Reference". I'll have to give them a call tomorrow to find out my number. They could not have made this process any more arduous. :dry:
Anyone know roughly how much an en-suite single room and single room cost per week?

Thx

Latest

Trending

Trending