The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9980
Original post by cuty123
So they have already chosen rooms for us and we can't choose which floor we stay on

No they have allocated rooms already. I guess I you have a really strong preference they may be able to swap someone for you
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by lg111
Got room number at woodland house , block b flat 39a

Hey I'm in block b flat 40A ! Are u in the woodland Facebook group by the way? I've requested to join over a week ago and I still haven't been accepted 😞
Reply 9982
Original post by Raamrochha
Hey I'm in block b flat 40A ! Are u in the woodland Facebook group by the way? I've requested to join over a week ago and I still haven't been accepted 😞

So we are in the flat next to each kther. I am a member of the fb group
Original post by lg111
So we are in the flat next to each kther. I am a member of the fb group

Could you add me to the fb group please? I can message u my name
Reply 9984
yeh ok, how do i do it ?
Still looking for a swap for College/Connaught Hall if anyone would like an en suite in John Dodgson House instead?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Raamrochha
Could you add me to the fb group please? I can message u my name

I requested to and hunt been added..could u ask the admin to accept in the group pls
I'm a graduate student attending UCL this fall for MSc in Environment and Sustainable Development. I found a very nice flat at a really good price in Finborough Rd, SW10. Can you please advise if the area is good? Is it very far from the campus? PLEASE HELP.
Thanks.
Reply 9988
Is it possible to swap rooms without moving into your allocated accommodation first? How do you go about swapping?
Reply 9989
Original post by Scappy
Hi,

I am interested in swapping accommodation but I am not sure about the procedures :s-smilie:. Do I must wait for the swapping week or could I swap with the person if I found one before the swapping week? I'm confused:confused:

Please help mee:colondollar:

I would like to know the answer to this if someone could help please?
Original post by Farida213
I'm a graduate student attending UCL this fall for MSc in Environment and Sustainable Development. I found a very nice flat at a really good price in Finborough Rd, SW10. Can you please advise if the area is good? Is it very far from the campus? PLEASE HELP.
Thanks.

It's about 30 minutes by train and the area is good

Original post by 09lucy
Is it possible to swap rooms without moving into your allocated accommodation first? How do you go about swapping?

Original post by 09lucy
I would like to know the answer to this if someone could help please?

No. Unless you do it informally (which I wouldn't recommend given the price differences... and it's against contract)

Can I request a different UCL Hall or Student House, if I am not satisfied
with the University accommodation allocated to me?

No, it is not possible to request a different UCL Hall or Student House if you are
not satisfied with the one allocated to you; only one accommodation allocation is made
per student. If you have no other accommodation arranged, you are advised to accept
the accommodation offer. Many prospective residents, who are initially anxious about
moving in to University accommodation, find that they soon settle in and make friends.
If you move in and find it difficult to settle in, a Swap List will open on Monday 12
October 2015. If you find another student on the list who would like to do the opposite
swap, then a change of hall or house can be arranged. An administration fee of £20
per person will be charged to swap.
If you choose to decline the accommodation offer,
you are expected to make your own accommodation arrangements, as no alternative
UCL or Intercollegiate accommodation offer will be made. You are advised to contact
the University of London Housing Services (ULHS) for private sector housing
assistance and consult the list of Other Hall Providers.

From: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/faqs/faqs.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DannyAbba
Is everyone getting student packs or bringing individual items from home/buying from stores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't buy student packs (like bed linen etc) they tend to be a rip off and you're better off buying the things yourself. you'll be able to research more and they'll be cheaper. With things like student packs, you're paying for convenience.
Reply 9992
No. Unless you do it informally (which I wouldn't recommend given the price differences... and it's against contract)

From: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/faqs/faqs.pdf

Hi thanks for your quick response. We had hoped to move in on 19/9 then request approval on 15/10 when the swap list opens. Would this be possible? Thanks
Hi All,
We're having an open viewing on tomorrow morning at 10:30am (we have tea coffee's and biscuits!)
We're looking for flatmates to join us in our new padlocated about 4 minutes walk from UCLAll beds provided with Carpet, Curtains/Blinds, Desk &Chair, Bed , Lights, Mirror, Shelves, Wardrobe, and Waste Paper Bin.There is a communal kitchen and several bathrooms to sharebetween 5 other residents. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge/freezer,kettle, 2 four stove cooker, 2 ovens, a kettle, a microwave plenty cupboardsand a sinks.Single Rooms from £185 and double from £205 including allbills.If you or your friends are interested come on down:5 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9SNBest,
Conor
Original post by LukeChapman
I have a single ensuite at john dodgson, looks quite nice but might be too expensive for me... looking to swap possibly. pm me

Is John D. far from UCL? I have a room at Ramsay and would like to swap to be in something ensuite
Original post by 09lucy

Hi thanks for your quick response. We had hoped to move in on 19/9 then request approval on 15/10 when the swap list opens. Would this be possible? Thanks

I don't understand what this means. Can you rephrase it?

Original post by Csk1996
Is John D. far from UCL? I have a room at Ramsay and would like to swap to be in something ensuite

It's about 10 minutes away. Just behind Cartwright gardens and close to Kings Cross station.
Reply 9996
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I don't understand what this means. Can you rephrase it?

Sorry I meant we hope to move into our preferred halls not our allocated halls on 19/9 and make this official when the swap list opens, hope this is more clear and permissible this way we won't have to move our belongings twice
Original post by 09lucy

Sorry I meant we hope to move into our preferred halls not our allocated halls on 19/9 and make this official when the swap list opens, hope this is more clear and permissible this way we won't have to move our belongings twice

Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can do this. Say you're in room A and it costs £200 pw and you want room B which is £180. You'll be paying more than your room is worth because legally you're still under the same contract for room A.

Moreover, it's against contract (unless they just have a big oversight of you not having to be the tenant in the room) and you'd have to do it informally until the swap list opens.
Hi everyone,

I'm an international postgrad coming to UCL this September and I've been offered (and accepted) a room at Hawkridge House. I already booked my flights months ago and I'm due to arrive on the 26th of September, which unfortunately is a Saturday. According to the UCL website the offices at the various accommodation locations are only open from Monday-Friday apart from the weekend of the 19th/20th. I've already submitted a late arrival request and e-mailed the residence office people and I'm waiting for a response but I was hoping someone on here might have some insight into what happens next. Is it going to be possible to move in on a Saturday? Where do I go when I arrive in order to sort this out? Will I have to find alternative accommodation for that weekend, then move in on Monday the 28th (which is also the start of term and would be a huge headache to have to move on!)
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Hi,

I'm sure I'm over thinking this but I am getting really confused about which day to actually move in! So as far as I can tell Freshers starts a week after arrivals day (19th) on the 27th Sept- which means there is a week of basically doing nothing (all my friends who are attending other uni's move in on the first day of freshers)

I rang up the residence office and they told me this is done to accommodate international students, so are most people requesting a late arrival and arriving closer to the start of freshers? If not what exactly do we do for a week? Thanks in advance.

Latest

Trending

Trending