The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100

Woohoo for blondie

I cant use any of the options such as smilies/font etc when typing a message at the mo
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Thanks for posting your pics! Its nice to get an idea of what they look like, beyond what u see from their tiny, limited photos on their website. So thanks again.

Anybody got any more from other halls? or of the kitchens in the self-catered accommodation?
I could take a pic of my kitchen, but the state it is in... would probably put you off going to university all together!
Reply 103
tetedupet
I could take a pic of my kitchen, but the state it is in... would probably put you off going to university all together!

Meant to ask about this kitchen business. How bad does it get in terms of cleanliness as I love to cook?
Reply 104
yeeey hehe i'll post pics of my room at ramsey if anyon'es interested :biggrin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23474687@N02/ n there'll b pixx of room, corridor and kitchen.
i can take of bathrrom n toilet if anyone needs

nite nite
Rokit
Meant to ask about this kitchen business. How bad does it get in terms of cleanliness as I love to cook?

Depends how often YOU clean it, the cleaners come around every week, but it's certainly a far cry from a thorough clean!

Also, Biomed Firm, Biology insurance... Biology > Biomed... there are like 100 biomed students and all of them are pretty much wannabe medics! Biology department is much cooler, smaller and friendlier. Good job you can change your degree when you realise :p:
Reply 106
I might take a picture of my astor room tomorrow for ye, but right now it's a tip so I'd rather not ¬_¬
Reply 107
tetedupet
Depends how often YOU clean it, the cleaners come around every week, but it's certainly a far cry from a thorough clean!

Also, Biomed Firm, Biology insurance... Biology > Biomed... there are like 100 biomed students and all of them are pretty much wannabe medics! Biology department is much cooler, smaller and friendlier. Good job you can change your degree when you realise :p:

Lol. Biology was what I actually wanted to do initially and I did find the 2nd years friendly. However I got the impression that it was easier for me to switch from bio med to bio as opposed to the other way round.

I also found the Biology open day exciting and informative whilst the biomed lady pretty much thought "I dont have to inject enthusiasm into my voice" and just droned on :-D
Reply 108

Meant to ask, does anyone have any idea about what furniture you get in the ensuite bedrooms. And what the dimensions of the beds are?

I am hoping to get Frances Gardner, John Dodgson, James Lighthill etc
Reply 109

And how many clothes can you fit in the wardrobe? Say you're addicted to shopping and have a LOT of clothes and intend on going out a lot.... could you, hypothetically, fit them all into the storage in the rooms?!
xx
In Ramsey, what furniture comes with your room? Do you get bedside tables / lamps / chairs etc or do you have to bring all your own? x x x
Reply 111
lily_blue3
In Ramsey, what furniture comes with your room? Do you get bedside tables / lamps / chairs etc or do you have to bring all your own? x x x

this is whata standard room looks like, mine . justmvoed my furniture around n stuff
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23474687@N02/
simdam
this is whata standard room looks like, mine . justmvoed my furniture around n stuff

Thanks, but I was asking what actual furniture comes with your room?
As in, out of the pictures of the room you posted, what is your's and what is the halls' - how many chairs do you get / lamps / tables etc?
Reply 113
u get one bed, one desk, one chair for the desk, one arm chair, one small bed side table and three drawers in a small table.
there are three lamps, all on the walls, got about 6 sockets, radiator,a sink, 3 shelves on the wall, a closet with hangers... or i got hangers in mine, but brought my own aswell, and then there are like three or 4 shelves in the closet.
there's also like a small noticeboard thing.

u don't need to brign your own furniture. i brought a couple of lamps, to bring atmosphere etc.
simdam
u get one bed, one desk, one chair for the desk, one arm chair, one small bed side table and three drawers in a small table.
there are three lamps, all on the walls, got about 6 sockets, radiator,a sink, 3 shelves on the wall, a closet with hangers... or i got hangers in mine, but brought my own aswell, and then there are like three or 4 shelves in the closet.
there's also like a small noticeboard thing.

u don't need to brign your own furniture. i brought a couple of lamps, to bring atmosphere etc.

Ah awesome, thanks!!X
Reply 115
no problemo
Reply 116
simdam

i thoroughly approve of the pirate theme you have going on there

*will rep when i can*
Reply 117
Ally-Beal
i thoroughly approve of the pirate theme you have going on there

*will rep when i can*

YAAAAAR matey, methinks the tis theme be an excellent theme for my humble quarters.
there be more piratey goodies coming up when me finds the time to buy some :smile:

And i appreciate i have your approval. I know I should've asked you first, but I just thought I could go ahead with it anyway :biggrin:
Reply 118
simdam
YAAAAAR matey, methinks the tis theme be an excellent theme for my humble quarters.
there be more piratey goodies coming up when me finds the time to buy some :smile:

And i appreciate i have your approval. I know I should've asked you first, but I just thought I could go ahead with it anyway :biggrin:

...you got away with it this time.. next time i may not be so lenient :hmmm:

:biggrin: :bunny:
Reply 119
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25435447@N05/

ok here we go, this is a standard astor room
You get a fridge, desk, 2 chairs, fitted shelves + storage spaces, bed, sink, mirror..
also put a couple of pictures of the corridors/eating area. ignore the fact my carpet needs a hoover at the mo, heh.
And no you aren't actually allowed a kettle in your room...

Latest

Trending

Trending