University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Salain
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25435447@N05/

ok here we go, this is a standard astor room
You get a fridge, desk, 2 chairs, fitted shelves + storage spaces, bed, sink, mirror..
also put a couple of pictures of the corridors/eating area. ignore the fact my carpet needs a hoover at the mo, heh.
And no you aren't actually allowed a kettle in your room...

next time im passing by your halls, which will probably be like in 20 mins im throwing an egg at ur window :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 121
that'd be very difficult from where my room is, chap
Reply 122
ill infiltrate from the inside, chappess
Reply 123
Thanks UCL guys who live in Ramsey n Astor for all the info, very helpful. I've heard the people at Ramsey have a lot of fun there. Anyone got any info on what its like living at intercollegiate halls? I would have thought it would be even better since you can meet people from all the other unis?
Wow, thanks Salain and Simdam for pics. They're very helpful, even though i still have no idea where to go for!

Anymore? keep em coming
Reply 125
Ally-Beal
...you got away with it this time.. next time i may not be so lenient :hmmm:

:biggrin: :bunny:

i'm sorry if u feel like you can't trust me... but you can :biggrin: , i promise.
next time i have to make any decisions or changes i'll consult you first :wink:

loving the bunny dance
Reply 126

This has been preying on my mind.

What is the sound proofing like in the ensuite student residences? Especially with regards to human noise. Can every single noise be heard?

*cough*
How much did an ensuite cost in Ramsey last / this year?

Sorry if this info is already on the site, can't find it...
It doesn't say there...unless it's counted as a one-bed flat?
Heya, quick question. If I choose UCL as an insurance am I right in thinking I should still apply for accomodation but I'm not guaranteed a room?
Reply 131
lily_blue3
How much did an ensuite cost in Ramsey last / this year?

Sorry if this info is already on the site, can't find it...

Consulting the UCL accomm bible, no mention of en-suite at ramsay is made, so perhaps they're merely myths and legends? Single=139.37 ( :eek: ) twin = 109.20, those are last years prices.
hope that helps:smile:
Reply 132
rite first question, asking about noise:
this is a very difficult subject. we are all human beings and we live and try to get along with eachother. but at halls you'll always find someone who might be pumpin their music at 5 or 6 in the morning, coz they don't have a 9 am like you do.
now in the beginnnig my corridor (4th floor london bloc) was known as The party corridor, and weød have tonnes of people just lounging about in our rooms or on the corridor drinking, listening to music etc.
now that sort of fell down after a couple of months. but then we all get to know eachother better in the corridor, but still have different timetables, and also different priorities in our studies and general sleeping patterns.
so in halls if someone is blasting music every night until the early mornings and if you have a 9 am in the morning, don't just let it happen.
let the person/people know that you've got to get up, and let them know you will not stand for it, but in a way that won't ruin your friendship.
there be some people on my corridor who have been bothered about loud music, but never said anything until one day the bubble just burst and the shouting was like 50 drunk people, telling this one guy to *" shut the ****** up"
so i guess what im trying to say is there'll always be the chance of soemone making a lot of noise, but you have to remember that some nights you may be the person making the noise.
example is one night me n a mate managed to wake like 7 people up coming back drunk, n some people had to get up ealry.
then a week later i wanted to have an early night and someone was banging drunkinly at 4 in the morning and i had to get up. i didn't get mad, i just said to myself, that was you who did that last week.
uni accommodation is a question of compromise and understanding between eachother and if the situation is too difficutl you'll always have a night warden you can contact in case of problems.
bottom line is thsi is not safe home, but a new life, some call it the " real life", where iut's up to you to estalblish connections, friendships etc, and don't be an arse to ur fellow roomies coz it may just fall back on you.

but the rooms can retain some noise. i suggest to bring earplugs just in case.

and if you be in en-suite you'll have more privacy. what do you mena by "human noise"? case of farting? then no one can hear you.
here at ramseyt it be a bit awkward when you come in to a shared bathroom n u sit right next to someoen who's taking a major dump.
but you get used to it, and i take it all with a laugh, coz you're only young once.

ramsey does not have ensuite as far as i know. all 4 blocks (london, paris , rome and new york) are all rooms with bathrooms and toilets apart.
in some blocks, i.e new york, there are seperate sex bathroom and toilets, but it varies from floor to floor.
anywho it shouldn't be too much of a problem. i think that ramsey has really taught some people to cope with situations that may nopt be with what they're used to at home, but some have really matured and accepted that you can't rely on "mommy" to do everything for you, and that be one ofhte points of growing up.
ramsey does have some double rooms, but i am still to meet someone who lives there.

alley-beal, the person who tells me how to decorate my room, is right in the prices that she gave last year, but there are only a couple of twin rooms in ramsey.

uhm right that went kind of long, but i just thought i should elaborate on the situation and what it feels like living here.

is anyone interested in picture sfrom Arthur tattershall, i can provide them, and also bathroom and toilets at ramsey aswell as recfeption and dining hall at ramsey.

and i could also get bedroom in International Hall, if you want.
Reply 133
pics from arthur and ramsey would be great
Reply 134
grr mate have u not already seen the ones from ramsey i posted? they are in some of the other accommodation threads.

anywho i will giveu the pixx i took of my room, corridor and kitchen.

take care
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23474687@N02/ --- ramsey standard single room
Reply 135

It would be really great if you could post pics from Arthur tattershall
and International Hall! And the toilets and reception in Ramsey! Thank you so much Simdam for doing all this!
Reply 136
Sidam - thanks for the pictures and info thats really useful!

Lily_blue3 - Which college do you go to? I am at Godalming..
Reply 137
time to bump this thread.
Does anyone have any info and pics on Astor college. I would be extrememly grateful for an inside view of the place. Many thanks in advance
Reply 138
Good idea. The forum has been swamped by accomodation threads again!
Reply 139
Have a look on Flickr for pics of Astor. There's quite a lot, mostly of some nut cases, but you can sort of get a feel for the place!

Latest

Trending

Trending