The Student Room Group
Reply 1
any1???
Reply 2
Edit: sorry, I've just seen your other thread. I was going to suggest having a look here on the AQA website if you hadn't already, if that's the board you're with. It might be worth having a browse through it anyway, just to get an idea of what you need to be writing about to gain the marks.
Reply 3
edexcel
Reply 4
i have already done that but i am still confused as in what to write up in each section
Reply 5
does any1 recommend any websites were they have a template on how to write up a bio coursework
I believe that you should really do this coursework yourself, but I can guide you a little as to what you can do.

PLANNING: Write a little background as to what osmosis is (in terms of solutes and it links with water potential, etc.) Then mention hypotonic, isotonic and hypertonic solutions. You should discuss a little about the structure of a potato tuber. This should all be in your introduction. Then you should write a HYPOTHESIS (i.e. an estimate with reasons). Next you should list all your apparatus, and write a method (write appropriate precautions as you go along). Finally, write how you will collect/log your data.

OBTAINING: Just follow your planning and draw a table containing your results. You should do steps like dry your potato tubers after they leave the test tube, and not squeeze them when you use the relevant equipment.

ANALYSIS: Draw a graph of your data, and do relevant calculations (e.g. mean calculations). Write scientifical reasons for the trends in your data.

EVALUATION: DO NOT WRITE WHAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE YOUR RESULTS HERE! Write what uncontrollable variables which caused anomalies occurred, and how they affected your data. List as many variables as possible (minimum 2).

I did this coursework in school under examination conditions with a VERY STRICT MARKER, so I won't really be expecting a good mark :frown:. I hope my advice helps you. Oh and by the way, I don't do Human Biology, but the coursework is the same anyway :s-smilie:. Remember, if you don't get a good mark, don't worry just make sure you make up the marks in the exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending