The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science vs A level Biology Chemistry Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Celyn.1234
I want to do business at uni and I'm doing applied science. I know that some uni's like Cardiff will only accept a BTEC in business to be able to do business there. Which uni's accept BTEC applied science?

Omg same I am in a similar situation. I think many unis accept it for business. I am thinking of doing economics though instead of business. I’m still not sure though. Are you in second year of college?
Original post by SkyRunner61
The A Levels are viewed better than the BTEC by universities

Not true, BTEC's are more accpeted and more respected because of the constant work and effort needed to be put in to them.
not true, BTEC's are much more accepted and they are respected more than A level's becasue of the constant work that has to go into them.
My daughter did Btec diploma and 2 A levels it was a great combination as the study skills required for Btec and A levels are different. Btec is full on all year with modular assements whereas A level requires more memory/ revision skills as the assessment is at the end of the course. At uni you will experience both of these type of assessments. Another good thing about Btec is that as assesments are continual you build a picture of what grade you should finally get so no shocks on results day.
Original post by Student guest
Omg same I am in a similar situation. I think many unis accept it for business. I am thinking of doing economics though instead of business. I’m still not sure though. Are you in second year of college?

I did a year of A levels but moved to college so I'm in my first year of college.
Original post by Anonymous
Isn't BTEC Applied Science more application compared to A level Science which is more academic? In that case wouldn't BTEC Applied Science be more valuable in pratice? Also, UCL accepts BTEC for many science courses. Wouldn't BTEC be better than A level into getting into UCL in terms of which is the easiest route in getting into UCL? There are so many people who have done BTEC and got into UCL for a variety of courses.

Hi I’m studying Applied science btec and will be going to uni next year could you please tell me your individual grades for each unit. I’m panicking because of how Coronavirus has affected the retake exam situations.
I’ve also done a btec applied science diploma and the geography a level so my grades were D*D*B I applied to Newcastle uni, Leeds uni, Nottingham uni then nottingham Trent and Northumbria I got offers from all for food science and nutrition so maybe if your thinking of doing business don’t do the extended and then do something more business related wise
Original post by Celyn.1234
I did a year of A levels but moved to college so I'm in my first year of college.

How did you find this? I’m in the same position start college on Monday
Original post by revival222
How did you find this? I’m in the same position start college on Monday

It’s really easy tbh just keep on top of assignments and do them as soon as you get them. People would be asking me how I’m going out like every weekend but still managed to get triple D* as long as you have a plan and stick to it.
I’ve done one year already and got a distinction. If you keep on top of work you’ll be ok. Just don’t leave assignments to last minute. The work isn’t that hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending