The Student Room Group

Unite student accommodation

Im just wondering if anyone has booked with unite because im in the process of bookin and the tenancy is taking ages to download to my computer. Has anyone else experienced this? Im impatient and just want it all done hehe :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Unite are setting up shop in Edinburgh, it looks much more expensive than other stuff around. Maybe it's different in Liverpool. I should know, I live on its doorstep.
Reply 2
grammar_king
Unite are setting up shop in Edinburgh, it looks much more expensive than other stuff around. Maybe it's different in Liverpool. I should know, I live on its doorstep.

Unite is expensive but you are guaranteed a decent place to live and piece of mind. They understand students and all their accommodation places are very well supported and safe.
Do you work for them or what?
Reply 4
They are money-grabbers....see how many threads there are on here called unite is **** or something along them lines.
Reply 5
I stayed in one of their places on a hospital placement (paid for by my university, so I don't know the cost).
It was OK for student accommodation - ensuite room, flat with a shared kitchen it. The downsides are that the place was rather souless and the walls paper thin. The metal frams construction also ensure it acted as a farraday cage, meaning that radios had very poor recpetion. Also, the bathroom ventrilation was such that the place felt pretty damp and musty. It was OK for the 6 weeks I was there (comming home on Thursdays) but I wouldn't have liked to live there for a full year.
I booked a room at manchester's New Medlock House with UNITE. The guy who showed us about when we had a viewing of one of their flats was very helpful and explained up front what problems they do have every now and then..
Seemed like a really cool and friendly place to start my first year, definitely liked the feel of the place as well... dunno if this helps you at all, but I reckon the few extra quid you pay for them being.. well.. unite, are worth it because I highly doubt I'll be having a lot of trouble there the next year with anything whatsoever :smile:
Reply 7
I've just rebooked my unite room for next year, so although people think

They are money-grabbers....see how many threads there are on here called unite is **** or something along them lines.

I, and alot of others I know, have never had any problems with them
Reply 8
Unite looks quite cheap for the most part, but I looked at the London ones and they're very expensive! Although I'm only comparing that with uni accommodation; it may be cheaper for 2nd and 3rd year accommodation, as I have no idea how much private rental is.
Reply 9
Ive applied for Sept also!

Looks good and close to Uni so Im happy :biggrin:
I've lived with them in Bristol for the last two years and rebooked for my final year too. Had some problems with them but nothing major.
Reply 11
Unite are bad, charge for everything they can, room inspections, dont replace things that are broken, etc etc.
Reply 12
I've lived with UNITE in Bristol for nearly a year now and have no end of trouble with them, one including dangerous electricity which could have been fatal if i hadn't had called a private electrician. Immediately cancelled my second year booking and found myself a nice room in a shared house for half the price, including bills.
Allyx
Unite are bad, charge for everything they can, room inspections, dont replace things that are broken, etc etc.

We have only ever had inspections of communal areas (basically an inventory check to make sure we had all the chairs and tables and kettle/microwave etc) and to check it was reasonably clean - they gave us a weeks notice. No individual room inspections at all.

We've had a broken microwave and trouble with the heating and kitchen tap, all of which were fixed/replaced promptly!
I only had good experiences with Unite and found them to be helpful and fix things where needed. Just quite expensive for what it is.
Unite tends to vary a lot between cities. I live with them this year - no major problems but lots of minor ones. They're selling the property I'm in now and opening a new one that's £18/week more expensive for the basic room - that's put me off living with them again.
To be honest I think I'm done living in 'halls' now - I want my own place or a shared flat/house.
k823127
I've lived with UNITE in Bristol for nearly a year now and have no end of trouble with them, one including dangerous electricity which could have been fatal if i hadn't had called a private electrician. Immediately cancelled my second year booking and found myself a nice room in a shared house for half the price, including bills.

Oh that's terrible. Where were you staying? I've lived in Cherry Court and the Rackhay. Had no major problems with them, just little ones that have been fixed fairly quickly. Leaking toilet, broken showerheads etc.
Reply 17
hannahdaisy
Oh that's terrible. Where were you staying? I've lived in Cherry Court and the Rackhay. Had no major problems with them, just little ones that have been fixed fairly quickly. Leaking toilet, broken showerheads etc.

Neither, Phoenix Court. :mad:
k823127
Neither, Phoenix Court. :mad:

Oh wow, for how much they charge you to live there it should be amazing. We booked to stay there this year but then realised the Rackhay looked practically identical minus the en suite bit so decided to save money and live here instead.

Did you hear about the fire in Unite House yesterday? Completely taken out a whole flat. We had a flat inspection and got told about it today http://www.avonfire.gov.uk/Avon/News/Unattended+pan+sparks+fire+in+Student+Halls.htm
Reply 19
hannahdaisy
Oh wow, for how much they charge you to live there it should be amazing. We booked to stay there this year but then realised the Rackhay looked practically identical minus the en suite bit so decided to save money and live here instead.

Did you hear about the fire in Unite House yesterday? Completely taken out a whole flat. We had a flat inspection and got told about it today http://www.avonfire.gov.uk/Avon/News/Unattended+pan+sparks+fire+in+Student+Halls.htm

Yeah tell me about it, i'm moving into a shared house in July for half the price!

Yup heard about that, weird after the fire that was here a few weeks ago. But then i guess if you leave candles and oil its gonna happen really isnt it lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending