The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2019

Hi Guys,

If you are thinking about, or have applied to NTU for 2019 entry then this is the thread for you!

Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Course?

Undergraduate/Postgraduate?

Offer made?

Are you coming to an offer holder day?

Any questions that you would like to ask Alice or Chris?

Good luck with your application! :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!
Course - Law
Undergraduate/postgraduate - Undergraduate
Offer made - nothing yet!
Coming to an open day? - potentially
Any questions - I sent my application off on the 10th October and was just wondering how long it takes for NTU to make an offer? I’m so impatient!!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Course: Economics with Business

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergrad

Offer made?: Haven't sent of my UCAS yet.

Are you coming to an open day?: Yes! Next week

Does NTU give out many unconditional offers for econ?
Hi i was just wondering how long it generally takes to get an offer from Nottingham Trent University after having sent off the application for Biomedical Science. Also if you were to get an unconditional offer does that take longer to process and receive the offer than a conditional offer?
Original post by Abbeynm
Hi!
Course - Law
Undergraduate/postgraduate - Undergraduate
Coming to an open day? - potentially
Any questions - I sent my application off on the 10th October and was just wondering how long it takes for NTU to make an offer? I’m so impatient!!

Hi @Abbeynm,

We'll be processing applications from Monday in date order starting from who applied first, so you can expect a decision within 10 days from Monday. Good luck :h:

It's really useful to come to an Open Day if you haven't already, as it gives you a chance the meet staff and students, look at our facilities and get a taste for what it's like to study at NTU. If you want to find out a bit more about them or book on, you can have a look at our website here. Theres a link to download the open day planner, so you could have a look at this to see all of the different talks and tours we offer on the day, and whether it might be helpful for you to visit or not.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions you know where I am!

Alice - NTU Rep :smile:
Original post by Deah Khinda
Course: Economics with Business

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergrad

Offer made?: Haven't sent of my UCAS yet.

Are you coming to an open day?: Yes! Next week

Does NTU give out many unconditional offers for econ?

Hey @Deah Khinda,

Great to hear that you're coming to the open day! It's a really good way to decide if a uni is the right one for you. Have you looked at which talks and tours you're going to go to?

There are opportunities for unconditional offers on the Ecomonics with Business course. We base them on predicted grades, when the grades are at the right level. The level varies from course to course, and it's also conditional on the applicant making us their firm choice too :smile:

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you need anything else!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Brendan2300
Hi i was just wondering how long it generally takes to get an offer from Nottingham Trent University after having sent off the application for Biomedical Science. Also if you were to get an unconditional offer does that take longer to process and receive the offer than a conditional offer?

Hi @Brendan2300,

We're going to be processing applications from next Monday in date order, so you can expect a decision within 10 days from then! Conditional and Unconditional offers are both processed within the same time frame.

Hope this helps and good luck :h:

Alice - NTU Rep
Hi! My ucas application has been fully sent off today, and I’ve applied to study undergrad criminology. I was just wondering, on average, how long does it take to receive offers from your uni?
Thanks !
Original post by Phoebemccaig
Hi! My ucas application has been fully sent off today, and I’ve applied to study undergrad criminology. I was just wondering, on average, how long does it take to receive offers from your uni?
Thanks !

Hello @Phoebemccaig,

The applications will begin being processed next Monday, in order of who applied first, but you should get a decision within 10 working days of Monday.

Good luck :woo:

Hi thank you for answering my last question. I was wondering if it is possible to get an unconditional offer for Undergraduate study course Biomedical Science, when you apply with predicted grades and not apply with the actual A level grades you have obtained?
Reply 10
Hi :smile:

Course: Graphic Design BA
Offer made: A consideration - I need to submit my portfolio first
Open day?: Probably not as I've already been on the summer school
Questions:
- Is it okay if I don't have many graphic arts pieces in my portfolio?
- Am I right in saying that this course doesn't have a placement year?

Thanks, from Lucy :smile:
Original post by Brendan2300
Hi thank you for answering my last question. I was wondering if it is possible to get an unconditional offer for Undergraduate study course Biomedical Science, when you apply with predicted grades and not apply with the actual A level grades you have obtained?

Hi @Brendan2300,

It is possible, but depends on your predicted grades and would be conditional initially, only becoming unconditional if you accept us as your firm choice!

Original post by LucyS.x
Hi :smile:

Course: Graphic Design BA
Offer made: A consideration - I need to submit my portfolio first
Open day?: Probably not as I've already been on the summer school
Questions:
- Is it okay if I don't have many graphic arts pieces in my portfolio?
- Am I right in saying that this course doesn't have a placement year?

Thanks, from Lucy :smile:

Hi @LucyS.x,

Which summer school did you go to? Hope you enjoyed it! The open days are also really good for finding out about funding, looking at accommodation options etc. so it might still be worth going if you want look into these things.

Have you seen our portfolio advice? I'll pop the link here, it details everything that's suggested for your application :smile:

The course doesn't have a placement year included, but it is encouraged that you undertake work experience alongside your studies.

Hope this helps. If there's anything else I can help with please let me know!

Alice - NTU Rep :h:
Reply 13
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Hi @LucyS.x,

Which summer school did you go to? Hope you enjoyed it! The open days are also really good for finding out about funding, looking at accommodation options etc. so it might still be worth going if you want look into these things.

Have you seen our portfolio advice? I'll pop the link here, it details everything that's suggested for your application :smile:

The course doesn't have a placement year included, but it is encouraged that you undertake work experience alongside your studies.

Hope this helps. If there's anything else I can help with please let me know!

Alice - NTU Rep :h:

Hi Alice,

I went to to Graphic Design short course. It was great - really made me want to do graphic design and helped build my portfolio. Thanks for the link and open day/work experience advice too.

Lucy :smile:
Course - Law
Open day - attended one in the summer and loved it
Questions - I sent my application off on Monday, will it take 10 days or longer? Can we still apply for accommodation in Feb if it's not an unconditional offer?Thank you!
(edited 5 years ago)
So happy- just recieved an unconditional to do computer science integrated masters if I firm choice it. Loved the facilities and campus when visited on an open day. The only thing holding me back though is the expense of student accomodation, and there also being no self catered accomodation? Do you have any information on this?
course: Law
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad
offer made? Not yet
Are you coming to an open day? been to 2 already
Any questions ? How long does it take to receive an offer I applied on the 6th of November and I'm on the edge its my firm choice!
(edited 5 years ago)
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
offer made? Not yet
Are you coming to an open day? been to 2 already I loved it
Any questions ? How long does it take to receive an offer I applied on the 6th of November and I'm on the edge NTU is my firm choice!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Course: Law
Undergraduate
Offer: I’ve accepted NTU as my firm choice (unconditional offer)
Accomadtaion wise is there a website for on campus accommodation??
Reply 19
Original post by onyekadke
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
offer made? Not yet
Are you coming to an open day? been to 2 already I loved it
Any questions ? How long does it take to receive an offer I applied on the 6th of November and I'm on the edge NTU is my firm choice!

I got mine 2 weeks after I sent my application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending