Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Course: Journalism

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate

Offer made?: Not yet- sent my application off today

Are you coming to an open day?: been to two already and really enjoyed it

I was wondering how long it takes to hear back about offers and how above the entry requirements do you need to be to get a unconditional offer. Also, out of the three top choices of accomodation is it guarenteed we will get one of them.

Thank you
Reply 22
Original post by onyekadke
When did you send yours and what course did you apply to

18 of October. Offer received for law on the 7th of November. What did you apply to?
Got an offer for the sand which and full time course!

(Original post by Fayegrace)
Course - Law
Offer made - nothing yet!
Open day - attended one in the summer and loved it
Questions - I sent my application off on Monday, will it take 10 days or longer? Can we still apply for accommodation in Feb if it's not an unconditional offer?Thank you!
Original post by Fayegrace
Course - Law
Questions - I sent my application off on Monday, will it take 10 days or longer? Can we still apply for accommodation in Feb if it's not an unconditional offer?Thank you!

Hi @Fayegrace,

Glad that you loved the open day :smile:

You should have your response within 10 working days! Yes, you can still apply for accommodation without an unconditional offer, you just have to confirm NTU as your first choice.

Hope this helps!

Alice - NTU Rep
I applied to study law aswell I got an offer last night
Original post by KOlKOP
18 of October. Offer received for law on the 7th of November. What did you apply to?

I applied for law also and I got an offer last night
Original post by CompSciNinjaCat
So happy- just recieved an unconditional to do computer science integrated masters if I firm choice it. Loved the facilities and campus when visited on an open day. The only thing holding me back though is the expense of student accomodation, and there also being no self catered accomodation? Do you have any information on this?

Hi @CompSciNinjaCat

Congratulations! :congrats:

Really great to hear that you loved the facilities and campus! Is it Clifton Campus you visited?

All of our accommodation is self catered, are there a couple you've narrowed it down to? Did you know that you can usually choose the exact room you want to book too?! I'll pop the link to our page on accommodation options for postgraduate students here in case you want to have a browse!

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know :h:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Fayegrace
Got an offer for the sand which and full time course!

(Original post by Fayegrace)
Course - Law

Oh, didn't see that! Congrats:groovy:

Alice - NTU Rep
I applied to study law aswell I got an offer last night

Great news! :woo:

Have you had a look at accommodation yet?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Great news! :woo:

Have you had a look at accommodation yet?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Alice - NTU Rep

Yeah I’ve visited the Byron campus twice I just want to know when I can start applying for accommodation
Original post by KOlKOP
Course: Law
Undergraduate
Offer: I’ve accepted NTU as my firm choice (unconditional offer)
Accomadtaion wise is there a website for on campus accommodation??

Hey @KOIKOP,

Yeah, I'll put the link to our accommodation guide here for you to browse.

Well done on your unconditional offer! Now you've put us as you're firm choice, you can guarantee your accommodation if you book by 31 May 2019 too :h: Booking opens on 6 February 2019.

Alice - NTU Rep
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rheyelle1
Course: Journalism

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate

Offer made?: Not yet- sent my application off today

Are you coming to an open day?: been to two already and really enjoyed it

I was wondering how long it takes to hear back about offers and how above the entry requirements do you need to be to get a unconditional offer. Also, out of the three top choices of accomodation is it guarenteed we will get one of them.

Thank you

Hi @Rheyelle1

Good luck with your application! It usually takes up to 10 working days to get a response :smile:
It varies from course to course what level the grades have to be for an uncondional offer, and is also conditional on whether NTU is your firm choice!

If we're your firm choice, you are guaranteed a place in accommodation if you book by 31 May 2019, but if you want one of your top choices it's best to book as early as possible as they fill up so quickly!

Glad you enjoyed the open days, did you have a look at accommodation and narrow it down to a few favourites?

Alice - NTU Rep :h:
Yeah I’ve visited the Byron campus twice I just want to know when I can start applying for accommodation

Booking opens to offer holders on 6 February 2019!

Alice - NTU Rep
Course- criminology
Undergraduate
Offer made- unconditonal !
Coming to an open day? can’t make this years, so will be coming next year
Any questions- what’s the differences between gill street south and the Byron residence ?
Thanks xx
Original post by Phoebemccaig
Course- criminology
Undergraduate
Offer made- unconditonal !
Coming to an open day? can’t make this years, so will be coming next year
Any questions- what’s the differences between gill street south and the Byron residence ?
Thanks xx

Hi @Phoebemccaig

Well done on your unconditional offer :smile:

The features/spec of Byron and Gill Street South are pretty much identical, apart from that Byron has more rooms in total, and has 4-10 bedrooms per flat, and Gill Street South has 5-11. Apart from that it's just the look and feel and location really, but they're both on campus! It's probably a good idea to get familiar with them on our accommodation pages at the open day you're coming to and see which you like the feel of best :h:

Hope this helps! Give me a shout if you need anything else.

Alice - NTU Rep
Hi I was just wondering is there is a set amount of places for each course, specifically in regard to Biomedical Science Undergraduate study, and if so how many places is it ??
Original post by Brendan2300
Hi I was just wondering is there is a set amount of places for each course, specifically in regard to Biomedical Science Undergraduate study, and if so how many places is it ??

Hi @Brendan2300,

There aren't a set amount of places on BSc Biomedical Science but there's usually around 150 students each year on the course :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
course: Law
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad
offer made? Not yet
Are you coming to an open day? been to 2 already
Any questions ? How long does it take to receive an offer I applied on the 6th of November and I'm on the edge its my firm choice!

I got an unconditional offer 3 days ago for Law and applied on 4th Nov
Sent my application for Filmmaking in three weeks ago and no response yet... the waiting is the worst!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending