Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

For accommodation, is it paid termly?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi I was just wondering if you could guide me to the location where I would be able to acquire the reading list that I will need for Biomedical Science Undergradate study next year. Is it possible for me to get it off the internet, or perhaps get given if from an open day??
Reply 62
Course: BSc Computing
Undergraduate/postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer Made: Unconditional if I firm!!! or BBB as an insurance choice
Open day: Already been to one at Clifton Campus

Deciding between NTU and University of Lincoln, very tough choice, both great unis!
Reply 63
I accepted Nottingham Trent as my firm chive it was meant to update to unconditional as said in the confirmation letter but it didn’t? Do you know when it will be updated?
Original post by KOlKOP
I accepted Nottingham Trent as my firm chive it was meant to update to unconditional as said in the confirmation letter but it didn’t? Do you know when it will be updated?

When did you firm them?
Reply 65
Original post by Itssbeckie
When did you firm them?

This morning
Course: Law

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate

Offer made?: Unconditional if firmed (I have firmed)

Are you coming to an open day?: already have

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: I accepted my offer today and firmed my offer. It said it would update to an unconditional if I firmed it, but it hasn’t showed up on UCAS. How long will this take?

Looking forward to coming to NTU next year!!
Reply 67
Same I firmed law it was supposed to update but didnt
@Itaylor94
Original post by KOlKOP
This morning

It can take a few days to update, was the same with one of my offers, they changed it almost a week later
Course: Law with criminology Entry: Undergraduate Offer: BBC or unconditional if I firm Going to open day: Maybe at some point Questions: what’s the nightlife like because I haven’t really been to Nottingham outside of one away day😂
Anyone applying for Law, has anyone firmed yet?
Original post by DomNTU
Course: Business and Managment BA with accounting and finance

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate

Offer made?: Not yet, applied eight days ago.

Are you coming to an open day?: Went to the open day on the 3rd of Novemer and loved it.

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: My second choice university has given me an unconditional offer however my first choice is nottingham trent. I'm nervous that if I don't get an uncondtional i am not going to know what to firm as I really want the insurance of an unconditional. I plan to stay in Sandby and look foward to it. Just nervous!!:s-smilie:

Hey @DomNTU

Sorry to hear that you're feeling nervous about the outcome. It can be really stressful having to wait for an offer, especially when you have your heart set on one uni. I'd say it's best to try not to worry as you still could get an unconditional, but just in case you don't, it is a good idea to think about which option is best for you. Does the stress of uncertainty outweight not going to your firm choice? Try to relax in the meantime!

Good luck and fingers crossed for an unconditional offer :crossedf:

Alice - NTU Rep :h:
Accommodation at Byron? Top floors of block A&B can you hear the student union? Or is it only the lower floors?
Original post by br04
Course: Marketing BA

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad

Offer made?: not applied yet

Are you coming to an open day?: already visited!

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?:
is it possible to get an (un)conditional for the course with predicted grades of ABD?
what is the gender ratio like?
whats the average numbers of students per year studying marketing?
how ethnically diverse is the course?

Hi @br04

How did you find the open day?

Last year there were just under 90 students enrolled on BA Marketing, and was pretty close to a 50/50 split on gender. We don't have the data on the ethnic diversity of the course, apart from that there were some EU and overseas students enrolled. We welcome applications from any background on any course :h:

I've just passed on your question about predicted grades and will get back to you once I know more!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Itssbeckie
For accommodation, is it paid termly?

Hi @Itssbeckie,

Accommodation can either be paid up front, or in three installments which are usually due October, January and April!

Alice - NTU Rep :smile:
Original post by Brendan2300
Hi I was just wondering if you could guide me to the location where I would be able to acquire the reading list that I will need for Biomedical Science Undergradate study next year. Is it possible for me to get it off the internet, or perhaps get given if from an open day??

Hi @Brendan2300,

I've DM'd you :h: did you get it?

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by bryhig7
Course: BSc Computing
Undergraduate/postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer Made: Unconditional if I firm!!! or BBB as an insurance choice
Open day: Already been to one at Clifton Campus

Deciding between NTU and University of Lincoln, very tough choice, both great unis!

Hello @bryhig7

Congrats on your offer :woo:

It's good to get a feel for both unis, the courses and the cities and think about how your experience will be as a whole. What do you like best about both?

If there's anything else you'd like to know then feel free to ask :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by KOlKOP

Hey,

It should take about 48 hours! If it takes longer then drop me a DM and I'll follow it up for you.

Alice - NTU Rep :h:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Phoebemccaig
I’ve firmed my offer with NTU, and my offer was conditional and then if I firmed it, you would update to an unconditional. I was wondering when it would change to an unconditional on my UCAS track, and whether I would get a confirmation email ? Many thanks xx

Hi @Phoebemccaig,

It usually takes up to 48 hours to update. Has it been longer than this? If so you can send a DM and i'll follow it up for you :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Reply 79
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @br04

How did you find the open day?

Last year there were just under 90 students enrolled on BA Marketing, and was pretty close to a 50/50 split on gender. We don't have the data on the ethnic diversity of the course, apart from that there were some EU and overseas students enrolled. We welcome applications from any background on any course :h:

I've just passed on your question about predicted grades and will get back to you once I know more!

Alice - NTU Rep

I found the open day really good, and loved the modern Newton building!

Thanks for the info :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending