Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ltaylor94
Course: Law

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate

Offer made?: Unconditional if firmed (I have firmed)

Are you coming to an open day?: already have

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: I accepted my offer today and firmed my offer. It said it would update to an unconditional if I firmed it, but it hasn’t showed up on UCAS. How long will this take?

Looking forward to coming to NTU next year!!

Hi @ltaylor94,

Great, well done on getting your offer :smile:
It should take about 48 hours for it to update, but if not give me a DM with your details and I'll get it sorted for you!

What are you most excited about! Are you thinking of joining any societies/clubs?

Alice - NTU Rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Milo_sms
Course: Law with criminology Entry: Undergraduate Offer: BBC or unconditional if I firm Going to open day: Maybe at some point Questions: what’s the nightlife like because I haven’t really been to Nottingham outside of one away day😂

Hi @Milo_sms,

Well done on your offer! Open days are really good for finding out about the uni, but also you can get a feel for the type of city Nottingham is as well if you're curious about that.

What sort of music/nightlife do you like? There's quite a few different places so it depends on that really! I can reccomend some decent places if you let me know.

You mentioned an away day - are you a football fan then? Wondering which ground you visited :h:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi @ltaylor94,

Great, well done on getting your offer :smile:
It should take about 48 hours for it to update, but if not give me a DM with your details and I'll get it sorted for you!

What are you most excited about! Are you thinking of joining any societies/clubs?

Alice - NTU Rep

Hi, I see you're doing Law next year at NTU, so am I! Maybe we'll bump into each other
Course: Politics and International Relations

Offer made?: haven't applied yet!

Are you coming to an open day?: I think I missed it :frown:

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: yes, what would be the entry requirement for Access to HE?
Original post by Essiechu
Course: Politics and International Relations

Offer made?: haven't applied yet!

Are you coming to an open day?: I think I missed it :frown:

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: yes, what would be the entry requirement for Access to HE?

Hey @Essiechu,

Don't worry you haven't missed the open day! There's another open day coming up this Saturday (1 December) actually, so if you're still interested you could always go to that :smile:

Do you mean Access to HE for Politics and International Relations? Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by that, let me know and
I'll find out for you!

Alice - NTU Rep
Reply 85
Hey @DomNTU

Sorry to hear that you're feeling nervous about the outcome. It can be really stressful having to wait for an offer, especially when you have your heart set on one uni. I'd say it's best to try not to worry as you still could get an unconditional, but just in case you don't, it is a good idea to think about which option is best for you. Does the stress of uncertainty outweight not going to your firm choice? Try to relax in the meantime!

Good luck and fingers crossed for an unconditional offer :crossedf:

Alice - NTU Rep :h:
Thankyou, clearly your good luck paid off, I received and unconditional if firmed and have now firmed it :smile:
Thanks! It’s updated now.
I’m excited to study Law and meet new people. I haven’t thought about it yet but definitely will consider.
Original post by ltaylor94
Thanks! It’s updated now.
I’m excited to study Law and meet new people. I haven’t thought about it yet but definitely will consider.

Great! There are soo many different societies and sports teams and it's another great way to meet people. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Reply 88
Awesome, I saw the rock climbing wall and the indoor sports facilities but didn't manage to see the outdoor facilities.
Course: Physics MSci

Offer made?: Conditional on 144 points !

Are you coming to an open day?: Been and loved it

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: Will we be emailed about visit / applicant days? I haven't received any emails from the uni at all since sending my application, is that normal?
Original post by DomNTU
Thankyou, clearly your good luck paid off, I received and unconditional if firmed and have now firmed it :smile:

Original post by DomNTU
Awesome, I saw the rock climbing wall and the indoor sports facilities but didn't manage to see the outdoor facilities.

Hi @DomNTU

Well done that's great news! :woo: Have you had a look at accommodation yet? It's good to get an idea in your head ahead of the accommodation booking opening on 6 February. You might already know but when you firm NTU by 1 May (which you have) and book before 31 May, you get guaranteed university allocated accommodation!

Are there any sports you're interested in? :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by froggi.png
Course: Physics MSci

Offer made?: Conditional on 144 points !

Are you coming to an open day?: Been and loved it

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: Will we be emailed about visit / applicant days? I haven't received any emails from the uni at all since sending my application, is that normal?

Hey @froggi.png,

Congratulations on your offer! :^_^:

Yes you should be getting an email closer to the events! The offer holder days are on from February next year so if you keep an eye out on the website and in your email for more info :smile:

You should get an offer email from us, when did you receive your offer? If it was a while ago you can DM me and I'll check up to see why you've not had anything!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by CP.
Course: Property development & Planning

Undergraduate/postgraduate: undergraduate

Offer made: not applied yet

Are you coming to an open day?: came on November 3rd

I was wondering what the ratio was like on this course, like how many guys to girls is it usually?

Also, how do you think you know if it’s the right course for you? My goal is to have my own company developing property’s and renting them out, do you think this course would help me achieve this?

Hey @CP.

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, I've just been waiting for a reply so I can give you more information! :h: The senior lecturer in Planning & Development has got back with this:

- Yes this course will help the potential applicant to underpin the ambition referred to. The course overall and the final year in particular will provide the opportunity to undertake work related to site specific property development both residential and/or commercial from both a planning ( getting permission to develop) and development ( design, specification, construction and sales/lettings point of view). There will also be the opportunity to focus a research project on residential related development. The potential applicant may also be able to secure a sandwich placement opportunity in year 3 within a development organisation undertaking residential related work. The potential applicant should also refer to the RICS website and search for Planning & Development Surveyors .

- In terms of the male female ratio it is predominately still male though there is a steady improvement towards a better balance.

Hope this helps :smile: If you want to know anything else feel free to ask!

Alice - NTU Rep
Hi thereGot offer for NTU Business (4 year sandwich) - BBB or unconditional if I firm.Also got an interview for NTU 3 year Business - 1 year in company - website says likely offer ABB.Do they ever do unconditionals - I want to go to NTU but prefer 3 year course I'm being interviewed for but don't want to lose the unconditional offer I already have for the 4 year course. Dilemma!
Original post by swifty999
Hi thereGot offer for NTU Business (4 year sandwich) - BBB or unconditional if I firm.Also got an interview for NTU 3 year Business - 1 year in company - website says likely offer ABB.Do they ever do unconditionals - I want to go to NTU but prefer 3 year course I'm being interviewed for but don't want to lose the unconditional offer I already have for the 4 year course. Dilemma!

Hi @swifty999,

Congrats on getting an unconditional offer! :smile: I'll just double check to see if i can find out whether you can get an unconditional for the 3 year BA Business, and let you know. Getting an additional offer won't make you lose your unconditional, but when you firm a choice that is your final choice! Hope that makes sense.

Original post by Itssbeckie
Anyone applying for Law, has anyone firmed yet?

I've firmed law!
Course - Product Design
Undergraduate
Offer made?: Not yet! (Attended an interview)
Open day?: I hadn’t attended one, but was given a tour and information when attending my interview
Q: I was wondering when I am likely to hear back from my interview (attended on Wednesday November 14th). I’m not sure of the normal waiting time to get a decision back in track but I am eager to find out! Many thanks
Hi @swifty999,

Congrats on getting an unconditional offer! :smile: I'll just double check to see if i can find out whether you can get an unconditional for the 3 year BA Business, and let you know. Getting an additional offer won't make you lose your unconditional, but when you firm a choice that is your final choice! Hope that makes sense.

Thanks - yeah what I meant was if after interview I get an offer lets say ABB and then I firm this, then the 4 year course would then need to be my insurance and would then be the BBB offer and not be unconditional..
Me and two friends are planning on living in Gill Street South in the same flat, does anyone know how quickly this one books up? and also what time on February the 6th they open up booking because we're going to try to get it asap to avoid disappointment

Thanks!
Hello :smile:
Course: Media and Global Studies (undergraduate)
Offer: Unconditional if i firm
Open Day: Went to one in September
Any Questions: When do we apply for accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending