The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU Nursing 2019 Interview

Scroll to see replies

Are you on the reserve list for children’s??
Original post by fionam12
Honestly I think I messed mine up because I really nervous, I’ve been put on the ‘reserve list’ for an offer but I don’t hold out much hope :frown: and honestly the interview is fine, the people were lonely and really made me feel at ease. All I can say is don’t overthink it, that’s what I did because LJMU is my first choice and I got really nervous. And they just asked things like the role of a nurse, anything in the news associated with nursing and a scenario question. And the layout was just 3/4 questions with a lecturer and another student nurse (that’s what mine had anyway) hope this helps and good luck x
Liverpool
Had my interview back in March. Interview very easy if anyone wants the questions I got just ask, didn’t prepare for it cause I’m deffs not going there as I didn’t like the city of Liverpool however the uni itself seemed excellent but honestly guys don’t stress there crying for student nurses in England, my interview went terrible I answered them terribly and I got an unconditional so don’t stress. Btw I was adult nursing. I know child nursing is very limited.
We’re you adult nursing?
Honestly I think I messed mine up because I really nervous, I’ve been put on the ‘reserve list’ for an offer but I don’t hold out much hope :frown: and honestly the interview is fine, the people were lonely and really made me feel at ease. All I can say is don’t overthink it, that’s what I did because LJMU is my first choice and I got really nervous. And they just asked things like the role of a nurse, anything in the news associated with nursing and a scenario question. And the layout was just 3/4 questions with a lecturer and another student nurse (that’s what mine had anyway) hope this helps and good luck x
Fionam just seeing I asked you the same question twice thinking it was two different forums sorry!
Reply 44

Have you contacted them in regards to the reserve list?
Yes x
Original post by Nursing2000
Are you on the reserve list for children’s??
No I haven’t and I’ve considered doing it but I don’t want to see like I’m pestering them or nagging them because I know they have loads of applicants and only a limited number of places, so they are making decisions carefully x
Original post by Star*7
Have you contacted them in regards to the reserve list?
Reply 47
You wouldn't be pestering them. Email them if you prefer. Say as it is your top choice you would like to find out where you are on the list.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 🙂 Have you had any replies from any other unis?
No I haven’t and I’ve considered doing it but I don’t want to see like I’m pestering them or nagging them because I know they have loads of applicants and only a limited number of places, so they are making decisions carefully x
I firmed ljmu yesterday for adult nursing September 2019
I have them as my insurance, LJMU would have been my first choice if we got a bursary and didn’t have to pay £9000. I’ll stick to Derry
Original post by RachaelSuitor01
Original post by Breeee
Congratulations on your place at ljmu!

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything just let me know! :smile:

Please can I have a sample of the questions asked?
Congratulations confirming your place at LJMU. If you have any questions, or if I can help you with anything at all, please let me know :smile:
Julia
Original post by RachaelSuitor01
What short of questions did they ask do you mind me being nosy? It’s been years since I went to uni and my child is so so worried about her interview. I’d just like to help her out with questions. Any help would be appreciated
Hi I am so sorry for such a late reply on this... but I am not sure exactly what they would ask, however, contacting Nursing Admissions could provide you with a better idea.. here are their contact details

Telephone: +44 (0) 151 231 5829

Email:[email protected]

Julia :h:
Original post by Bekka2007
What short of questions did they ask do you mind me being nosy? It’s been years since I went to uni and my child is so so worried about her interview. I’d just like to help her out with questions. Any help would be appreciated
hi I have an interview for Northumbria in December. It's a small group interview online. Do you have any tips?
Hi, can any student nurses here share how you do with your course in LJMU? Is it good?
Original post by username4320654
Hi ! It went really well thank you got offered a place and had it all confirmed so I’ll be starting Sept 2019

Hi, I got an interview as well for the same course, could you let me know what kind of questions did you get asked. Although its been years you had you interview, it would still be helpful.
Thank you!
Original post by Rachel Francis

Hi, I got an interview as well for the same course, could you let me know what kind of questions did you get asked. Although its been years you had you interview, it would still be helpful.
Thank you!

Hi there!

The type of questions you get asked for nursing interviews can include what you think a nurse is, what the role of a nurse is, why you think you’d make a good nurse, what problems are nurses facing right now, and a variety of situation based questions such as if you made a drug error, what would you do? If you saw someone abusing a patient, what would you do? If you was looking after someone with dementia and they experienced an episode of incontinence in front of others, what would you do?

You’ll get asked up to 5 questions and they can be an array, there’s also examples of nursing interview questions online, so you can have a look and get a feel for what may be asked ☺️

Nat
LJMU Student Nurse and Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending