The Student Room Group

River Models are Fraudulent Scammers

Do Not Use River Models they are frauds they still your money!

Reputable Modelling agencies do not seek payment in any shape or form.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you are stupid enough to fall for something so trivial you deserve to be robbed :P
they are now called GT models SCAMMERS
Same people behind london fashion models

studioworks

they been on watchdog
River models scam and steal your money

go to police

they are in old street london

watchdog know
I Haven't gone, but how do i get my money back
Original post by VICTIM2MODELLING
River models scam and steal your money

go to police

they are in old street london

watchdog know

I have an appointment with them today but ive already paid and now im seeining all these comments, what should i do
Reply 7
I am going as well on 29, I’ll just go and see what happens. I think the scam is if you don’t go... then u don’t get your money back...
Reply 8
Original post by Ghiana)did you go? How was it?I am going as well on 29, I’ll just go and see what happens. I think the scam is if you don’t go... then u don’t get your money back...

Original post by dk.carlos
I have an appointment with them today but ive already paid and now im seeining all these comments, what should i do
I went, the people were really nice. Told my mum not to buy the profolio but she did. Tip: like my mum did, keep saying your leaving so they drop the price down( mine went from 2000 to 300 :smile:). People that are saying that they didn't get their £50 back are probab;y the same people that didnt show up or were late ( i was snopping round and say a regester and they marked down if you were late idk if that affects your money). Any way they accepted me i had to send height and stuff in and got a referal email for an interviewwith an other agency. So from what ive gone through they are legit but I can't t=say they're not fishy as on the referal email it said that the studio had refered me and that got me shoocked because I've heared a lot of bad things about the studio.
The agentcy river models refered me to was TMA talent modelling agency. they have an instagram and i messaged people that they worked with and they vouched that tma was legit.
to conclude, from my experience they are legit.
(when doing the shoot a local (one of my friends dad lol) was saying 'they're a con' and silently i was saying ' I know' but smh all going well)
Original post by Ghiana
Original post by Ghiana)did you go? How was it?I am going as well on 29, I’ll just go and see what happens. I think the scam is if you don’t go... then u don’t get your money back...
well i replied late but how did yours go
Original post by Ghiana

Hi.. Are they for real ? Mine is booked in for tomorrow.. Wondering if I should go or just chuck the 50 pounds and be safe .. Please help
Original post by dk.carlos
well i replied late but how did yours go

Hi can you share some more details ? Mine is tomorrow.. Scared to go.
Please advice
Hey, did you get far with modelling then? What’s your Instagram I’ll give you a follow x
Hey, so I have gone in for the interview. I have bought my portfolio.. I’m really nervous now because of all the reviews however I did recieve my call from After care today and they
Should be sending my photos to me this week, and in a few weeks I am scheduled to attend a casting call.. hopefully all goes well. I will keep you all updated
Reply 15
Original post by Abedelmx
Hey, so I have gone in for the interview. I have bought my portfolio.. I’m really nervous now because of all the reviews however I did recieve my call from After care today and they
Should be sending my photos to me this week, and in a few weeks I am scheduled to attend a casting call.. hopefully all goes well. I will keep you all updated

Wow, so even after reading all the reviews on here, clearly telling you that River Models are a scam, you still went there and paid them? That's just silly. You do realise you will not get any jobs with them, right? Cancel the payment if you still can.
Original post by Ciel.
Wow, so even after reading all the reviews on here, clearly telling you that River Models are a scam, you still went there and paid them? That's just silly. You do realise you will not get any jobs with them, right? Cancel the payment if you still can.

Nooo, I didn’t read any of the reviews yet before I gave over the money. I started researching a few days after my interview as they weren’t answering my calls, because they said they were meant to send over my photos and it took them a while. But I’m going to go to my bank tomorrow to try get my money back. As I’ve tried to call them and the line seems to be disconnected.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Abedelmx
Nooo, I didn’t read any of the reviews yet before I gave over the money. I started researching a few days after my interview as they weren’t answering my calls, because they said they were meant to send over my photos and it took them a while. But I’m going to go to my bank tomorrow to try get my money back. As I’ve tried to call them and the line seems to be disconnected.

Ahh, okay. Yeah, do that as soon as you can. Good luck, hope you get your money back.
Original post by Ciel.
Ahh, okay. Yeah, do that as soon as you can. Good luck, hope you get your money back.

Yeah I hope soo too, thank you!
Hey! I just had a call from these.. Did you get your money back? Is it a scam after all?

Quick Reply

Latest