The Student Room Group

model agency

Hello, just wondering if you could tell me if icons talent agency in derby is reputable?
Original post by marcel9487
Hello, just wondering if you could tell me if icons talent agency in derby is reputable?

It really is almost impossible to tell, they are a registered company but don't have any reviews and their online presence isn't huge. They certainly don't appear to be particularly well-established. The best way to find out if they are safe and legitimate is to see if you can find people who have worked with them before (independently rather than asking to be put in touch with someone) and ask about their experience.
I signed to this agency about 6 months ago, had 3 jobs so far. Haven't made massive money but I think I have more then covered my outlay. I think they communicate really well which is better then the other agencies Ive been with. Only issue I have had is travel as I am based in Yorkshire and the closest job I did was in Manchester.
Reply 3
Is icon derby good ? My daughter has been asked to get signed to them and they want £100 admission cost for the year instead of commission? Before I pay it I would like to know from peoples experience please . So sorry to be a pain x
Reply 4
Hi, my son is in the same boat. Did you manage to find out anymore information about them?
Do NOT give these guys money. They emailed me to say they're interested in my photos and want to sign me. I called them, the guy (his name was the same as mine, which is a weird coincidence if you ask me) he was VERY unprofessional and took him a while to get my details as he had poor internet connection, any company/agency would ask to put you on hold while they sort it out, but he kept saying 'one minute, sorry, one minute' as he blamed it on 'Virgin'.

He proceeded to tell me about the agency very briefly, and there it was - what I expected - "Unlike any other agency, we do not take any commission off you when you book a job, we just take a £100 start up fee". NO! Reputable agencies are NOT allowed to do this. DO NOT AGREE TO THIS.

When I questioned him about this, he got rude and defensive, saying its the way they've always done it and it works. I asked many other questions about the agency itself, to which he said something like "I could tell you its all great but at the end of the day, we're gonna get you jobs" blah blah blah... It was honestly the most ridiculous phone call ive ever had. He was probably just sitting at home on his iPhone, ********ting his way through.

Also, do not trust 'Studio Boulevard' if thats what they're called. If you are booking a shoot through them, go do your shoot, get your photos, and leave. The photographers are freelance and are not associated with this scam.
I had a shoot with studio boulevard and the model management company that was there put me falward on the model board I have had a few agency’s email me but have been adviced ONLY DO COMISSION BASED PAYMENT WHEN YOU DO THE JOBs As if you don’t get jobs it’s a waste !
Original post by 356bex
Is icon derby good ? My daughter has been asked to get signed to them and they want £100 admission cost for the year instead of commission? Before I pay it I would like to know from peoples experience please . So sorry to be a pain x

Its a scam!! No agency will ask for money. That's a 100% fact! Do you pay money to apply for a job? No! This is should be no different.

Oh and as for the person who posted above saying they had 3 jobs. That's an employer part of the scam. Notice how they only have 1 post? They probably own the same account as the OP

AVOID THESE *****Y SCAMMERS WHO PREY ON PEOPLE
Did they not cover the travel fees? I’ve signed with them as well
This is a scam. Run away pronto.
Reply 10
I know from all reviews how they scam, but for anyone who has paid them, do they send you the photos they took at least?
My 2 year old son has been offered a contract with them but need to pay £100 admission fee instead of paying them commission. Are they 100% a scam? Has anyone actually paid the fee and got anywhere far?
Hello,

My name is Aaron, I am the Casting Agent for ICONS Talent Agency, Derby.

Having read through the reviews on this forum, on behalf of ICONS, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any negative experience or unsatisfactory service you may have received from this industry or our Agency.

ICONS would like to reach out to you and encourage you to contact us to rebuild your confidence with us as we are not a photo studio, this is not a service we provide. We are a talent agency whose goal and objective is to make possibilities within the industry for you our clients. Our service provided is very similar to StarNow and Spotlight.

Our office is located in Derby City, we are always on hand should you wish to come in and meet me and the team.
Reply 13
Thank you so much for all these informations. I took my son to an a supposed agency to shoots , when I saw the pictures was just fine...they changed me £450 for that. Saying that all the amazing agencies they have access to. This is a huge scams!!! They call Platinum Model. But they are all the same. Boom models as well.It is just a scam!!! Be aware!!!
Do you have anything to say about my son I paid you guys 120 pounds for 4 good months, with no job, no communication and you particularly stopped responding to my emails when I asked for a refund. Scammers called Icons talent agency…please don’t fall for this people…,
I'm looking forward to a photo shoot booking with Platinum Model tomorrow. Please let me know anything I should be aware of. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending