The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

@Workandstudy1 -> It is not mainly a strandy thing. We just arbitrarily chose one building of the whole KCL as a meeting place ;p. (And, btw, Strand is in the middle between KCL halls and intercollegiate halls)

It is not definite but... well unless there are any objections I'm opting for sticking to it. I have never visited any KCL campus so I'd be for such a plan:
1)Somebody who knows what's going on shows us the campus, maybe we could visit other KCL buildings? (but it's probably quite far so maybe not ;p)
2)We go for coffee/tea/beer/wine/juice/water/etc and... get to know each other ;p. If somebody knows any good place/cafe' that would be great.

Now we just have to find this "somebody" :biggrin: .

Hmm.... any ideas as for the identification? I'm against "the same colour shirt" (unless it's white or black ;p) and I am not willing to stand like a tourist guide with a board "MEETING PLACE" ;p.

So, the place is in general accepted? We could spam facebook mails to make sure as many of freshers get to know about this meeting.

P.S. I'm happy you enjoyed the preciseness :biggrin: .
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
oki doki
thank u
:biggrin: yay
theriel

Now we just have to find this "somebody" :biggrin: .

* points to k89g * :biggrin:
Reply 183
I'll be able to come only from about 1600 :frown:
Reply 184
Cake Power
* points to k89g * :biggrin:

LOL! Would I get paid for such an appointment? :p:

Though at this rate I never will make it to London...I officially hate estate agents and guarantor companies :mad:
Saying that, keep your fingers and toes crossed that we are done jumping through hoops and we can have the keys Saturday :biggrin:
k89g - treat it as a volunteer work. You might add it to your CV if you want ;D . That would be certainly a great advantage of any job application! ;p.
Reply 186
Should we put in a facebook event or something?
Reply 187
yep, same for International Hall.
Reply 188
danfel
Should we put in a facebook event or something?

ive already put a link to the group ages ago... -.-
Well, I'm moving into intercollegiate but a few days before ;p.

So then maybe we should change the time for lets say 16:00 ?

P.S.
@danfel - after we finally decide some time if you can (i.e. you know how to ;p), please make some facebook event with proper info.
@Tut.exe - you made a link but danfel is thinking about creating a "facebook event" - its a small information card sent to ppz with basic info about meeting and options "will attend/not/maybe"
Reply 190
theriel

So then maybe we should change the time for lets say 16:00 ?

Yes :biggrin:
16:00 sounds good to me cause I probably won't get out of bed until at LEAST midday. Let's not forget we'll be recovering from the Mess Around...
Reply 192
talktofrank
16:00 sounds good to me cause I probably won't get out of bed until at LEAST midday. Let's not forget we'll be recovering from the Mess Around...

Good point:yep:
OK, so I'll change in my previous post the time to 16:00. If anybody of you could create an event on Facebook and copy/paste all the the info from my previous post and send it to everybody who might be interested - that would be great.
I dunno if I can make it on the 14th :frown: i hope so
Reply 195
By this rate I won't even have any accommodation so I won't be in London to come to the meet! :frown:
Aren't you going to the freshers events though? I'm finding a place to stay at for a few days for now so I don't miss them - and this.
Reply 197
Cake Power
Aren't you going to the freshers events though? I'm finding a place to stay at for a few days for now so I don't miss them - and this.

I dunno, where? I don't know anyone. My mum suggested commuting, as it's an hour and a half, so I may do that, and use the week's rent I'd be saving on the train fair, as it's £10 with my YPR. But it wouldn't exactly be ideal - I'd have to come home from the Fresher's events really early, as last trains are like 11 or 12. And I'd have nowhere to go in the daytime. Hmm.

I can't believe we still haven't heard - they said today at the latest!
I personally think an hour and a half is way too long. They said Monday at the latest, actually, so just wait another few days (like we haven't waited long enough). Stick with it, and if you really end up with nothing, I'm sure there will be plenty of others on TSR that also need a place in London.
Count me in too please!!! Are there any final details yet???

Latest