The Student Room Group

feel like i made a bad impression :/

so I've been talking to this guy on my uni course and we get the train together every week coz we share a first lecture. we talk a lot and it turns out we have a lot on common. he also lives in my local area.
there were a couple disjointed schedules coz he had appointments and so did i and i suggested we go library together and he suggested we meetup and go to the mall in our area together to properly hang out.

the meetup was great, we got pizza together and went to the park and stuff. he paid for the food even tho i insisted about 3 times we should split or i pay him back and he said no its fine he got it. the meetup overall was good and i enjoyed it and so did he, well he said coz i texted him after, he said: "it was a good day :smile:".

the next day i was fine and then when i'm trying to get to sleep i get this thought in my mind that i made a horrible impression and he's gonna get an ick or not wanna do it again. i am probably overthinking it but i dont know-- i was myself and i dont think i did anything outrageous.
i made a couple dark humour jokes and he kinda laughed along but thats being myself.
I am really interested in this 1 particular author and kinda a bit fanatic and nerdy about it and he asked me about that and i didnt say much coz i was a bit embarrassed it would sound too dorky or something, even tho he said he was interested in it too and said he wanted to get into it and asked for advice on where to start.
I mean i was predominantly myself but i feel like i couldve said or done a little more and that i made a bad impression. I am probably overthinking it but i dunno :///
Reply 1
Overthinking. It's your first meet-up and you're going to be concious of everything but it sounds like he enjoyed it. Even in a relationship you can have your embarrassing moments; tripping over, farting, a slip of the tongue. It's part of being human, so don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending