The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I mostly wear black tights as you can put them with almost anything. The only other colour I own are navy ones.
Reply 41
I wear black because they go with almost everything as others have mentioned. I'm so scared to try any other colour tights!
Reply 42
leannsc
I have a lot of tights in beige, grey,etc. But I find out that girls in UK usually wear black tights? Just wondering why.:s-smilie:

they have big legs in general (well, larger than most chinese girls, hehe. I wish my calves where just a tiny bit smaller), so they need to make them look slimmer and black does that perfectly. Also good against the cold of the UK. If you want to look sexier and a bit different go for skin coloured and brown tights. People didnt' always only wear black here, it's just a trend in recent years. Before that black tights were seen as really frumpy and grannyish and no one wore them. I think they'll be out of fashion again soon, since everyone is wearing them now.
Black tights hide my nasty legs and are slinning, and tend to go with most things
Grey tights make even skinny legs look fat. Black tights solve everything. Black tights and heels can make your legs look so much better. I've never seen the point in flesh coloured tights, and why they're acceptable but bare legs are horrific.
Reply 45
Adarah
they have big legs in general (well, larger than most chinese girls, hehe. I wish my calves where just a tiny bit smaller), so they need to make them look slimmer and black does that perfectly. Also good against the cold of the UK. If you want to look sexier and a bit different go for skin coloured and brown tights. People didnt' always only wear black here, it's just a trend in recent years. Before that black tights were seen as really frumpy and grannyish and no one wore them. I think they'll be out of fashion again soon, since everyone is wearing them now.

I got the point.:p:
I saw your profile. you look great and I love your hair.:biggrin:
Reply 46
Joanna May
Grey tights make even skinny legs look fat. Black tights solve everything. Black tights and heels can make your legs look so much better. I've never seen the point in flesh coloured tights, and why they're acceptable but bare legs are horrific.

I usually wear skin coloured tights when it's still a little bit cold and bare legs in summer. It's good with me.~
Reply 47
I have lots of black shoes so black tights match 'em. I do have some grey tights that I'm quite fond of too though.
grey/beige just remind me of old women and i don't like how they look

mostly i wear black or navy, i don't wear much light coloured stuff. or coloured tights
Reply 49
lol I got black, green, pink, red and brown ones.
I love the green ones, they are very wow!
Because beige tights are like old lady tights.
Reply 51
I wear my purple ones all the time, its a great shade and they seem to go with alot of my clothes. But i have black too!

X
as a boy, I'd like to point out that black tights happen to be agonisingly sexy...although saying that, those brightly coloured purple, blue, green etc ones that I've been seeing around recently are kinda nice aswell.
Reply 53
they go with everything and make your legs look so much smaller!
Reply 54
Having worked in a charity shop ,i can say Opaque Black Tights are popular ...i sort through Black bin bags of donated clothing and through the year have put "Hundreds" of Black opaque Tights in the Rag Pile for Rag recycle far more than any other colour..a lot of them come with donated school uniforms..so this alone adds a lot..its surprising how many pairs are in as new condition..hardly worn but because they are not packaged they have to be scrapped...[sent to a rag merchant where they are chopped up for filling material]..if i could wash and wear them i could save pounds and never have to buy another pair again!!
Reply 55
leannsc
I got the point.:p:
I saw your profile. you look great and I love your hair.:biggrin:

:redface: Thanks! I'm sure you'll stunning in your tights! Most Chinese girls can easily pull off whatever colour they want to! I don't mind skin coloured, high gloss ones. Good for when it's still slightly cold, but they just show my legs as they are. But I could never do grey or white or cream - they would make my calves look so much larger! :s-smilie:
I have lots of different colours of tights and wear all sorts, but black tights look good with most skirts so they're a good basic thing to have I think.
Reply 57
I have black, brown and nude. I like to wear black or brown tights under denim skirts, it seems to be a fashion at my uni and is nice for uni when it's a little colder. As for now, if i wear denim skirts i just have bare legs casually but if i go out i wear nude depending on the skirt i wear. Thing is i only ever wear denim skirts. I either wear normal blue denim, black rah rah skirt or white denim skirt. I never wear black tights with my white skirt but i will for all the others. I also quite like patterned black tights...although they can look a bit chavvy.

Colourful tights have never really appealed to me though...neither have dresses :p:. I only wear skirts/tights occasionally, i always wear jeans :p:.

Latest