The Student Room Group

Bournemouth or Reading University?!?!

I’m so indecisive about which one to chose!
My other options are Swansea, Loughborough, UWE and Gloucester. (I’m applying for undergraduate Marketing courses)

I like reading because the campus is all together (Whiteknights) but I think I’d prefer the location of Bournemouth, but the issue with Bournemouth is that the accommodation that I would want to stay in is 10 minutes away from the Talbot campus:/
Also both have amazing courses in Marketing that I would love to do so that’s not a problem.

So any advice or general information about the areas would be much appreciated!
(edited 5 years ago)
For the love of God choose Reading
It's not clear what you're applying for; undergraduate or postgraduate, nor what subject. This information might be relevant or useful for people to actually answer your question.

I've moved your thread to the Applications & UCAS forum since it appears to be regarding undergraduate applications (you made it in Postgraduate Support).
Reply 3
Thanks. I’ve just edited it.
Original post by livv13
I’m so indecisive about which one to chose!
My other options are Swansea, Loughborough, UWE and Gloucester. (I’m applying for undergraduate Marketing courses)

I like reading because the campus is all together (Whiteknights) but I think I’d prefer the location of Bournemouth, but the issue with Bournemouth is that the accommodation that I would want to stay in is 10 minutes away from the Talbot campus:/
Also both have amazing courses in Marketing that I would love to do so that’s not a problem.

So any advice or general information about the areas would be much appreciated!

Hi, it's great you're thinking about studying at Bournemouth! There is some accommodation available at Talbot (the Student Village) and also private lets in Charminster, Winton and Ensbury park which are closer to Talbot (most students move there from 2nd year) but you're right that the majority of halls are at Lansdowne. Lansdowne is about a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute bus journey from Talbot, the cycle routes are also pretty good. You get a bus pass with your halls accommodation so you don't need to worry about finding change for the bus.

Lansdowne is right in the heart of the town, just a stones throw from a large supermarket, the train/coach station, the beach, pubs and restaurants and local shops. There are also uni facilities at Lansdowne that you have access to including a 24 hour open access computer suite and the Bournemouth House library.

I would also encourage you to look into your course units and placement opportunities to make sure you choose the right uni based on the degree you are studying, these can differ from uni to uni even though the qualification is the same.

Try to take some time over Christmas to have a good think and best wishes for the future.

Vicki
You should definitely choose Reading over Bournemouth (or Gloucester or UWE) if you are likely to achieve the grades to go there. It is a higher rated University and is good for Business and Marketing. Reading is a decent town and the campus is lovely - you should visit if you can.
Original post by BU Students
Hi, it's great you're thinking about studying at Bournemouth! There is some accommodation available at Talbot (the Student Village) and also private lets in Charminster, Winton and Ensbury park which are closer to Talbot (most students move there from 2nd year) but you're right that the majority of halls are at Lansdowne. Lansdowne is about a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute bus journey from Talbot, the cycle routes are also pretty good. You get a bus pass with your halls accommodation so you don't need to worry about finding change for the bus.
Lansdowne is right in the heart of the town, just a stones throw from a large supermarket, the train/coach station, the beach, pubs and restaurants and local shops. There are also uni facilities at Lansdowne that you have access to including a 24 hour open access computer suite and the Bournemouth House library.
I would also encourage you to look into your course units and placement opportunities to make sure you choose the right uni based on the degree you are studying, these can differ from uni to uni even though the qualification is the same.
Try to take some time over Christmas to have a good think and best wishes for the future.
Vicki

i am looking to do an course in reading i wanted to go to bournemouth but its not one of my choices
i really love the university tho
Original post by Angela Pallisery
i am looking to do an course in reading i wanted to go to bournemouth but its not one of my choices
i really love the university tho

Hi @Angela Pallisery ,

Great to hear you're looking at doing a course in Reading. What course are you considering?

If you have any questions about this or Reading at all, please do let us know and we will try our best to help!

Skye :smile:
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student

Latest

Trending

Trending