The Student Room Group

Ear Problems

I had a middle ear infection about three months ago. The symptoms didn't really go away even after I'd been given antibiotics.

I went back a month ago and was told that it's an Eustachian Tube dysfunction and given a nasal spray. A month on I feel even worse - dizzy, feeling really drained, my hearing is still bad, there's a constant feeling of pressure and sometimes pain in my ears. I haven't been sleeping well and sometimes the pain in my ears and throat keep me awake. I had a full blood count done, which came back normal. Since then I've also realised that I've lost half a stone (which I can't afford to do) despite increasing what I eat - the amount I exercise hasn't really changed either. My heart beat also seems slightly faster and more noticable.

I had the blood test done because my doctor said that it seemed a lot to attribute to my Eustachian Tubes, but since it came back normal I don't want to go back and seem like a hypochondriac as there are no obviously visable symptoms. I haven't mentioned the weight loss or my heartbeat being weird.

Has anyone else had this?
Reply 1
firstly, never be scared of being a hypocondriac. The doctors are payed to take care of you, and if you are worried you should eb able to go to them.

Secondly what were your syptoms before hand? I have had bad ears now for over 2 years. My ears get really itchy and can become very waxy. I used to try and clean them out myself, which would give my ear infections. I got to the point where i was getting ear infections once a month. Then i made myself leave my ears alone, but now they are still getting itchy, and are worse than before with wax. Although, i'm pretty certain it;s not wax. It feels like i have exsema (sp?) inside my ear, and its more pussy than waxy. I haven't yet seen the doctor about it, as it's not a really big problem, i deal with it. I probably will try to see one soon though, so it won't get worse.

Was your's anything similar?

Latest

Trending

Trending