The Student Room Group

Help, I have this issue I can’t get to sleep until everyone else has gone to bed

I thought this forum might be a good place to ask this as there are a lot of people living with parents.

I have this issue where I find it hard to get to sleep until everyone else is in bed. I go to bed at say 11 (as I am up for work at 6.00) my dad goes to bed about 1am and sometimes wakes me up letting the dog in the garden for a wee, talking to the dog, shutting doors etc. I have asked him to be quiet but it’s not an option it never happens. I think it’s partly psychological with me ie I can’t sleep in anticipation that I might be woke up with a noise soon if that makes sense.

He won’t go to bed earlier he doesn’t have to it’s his house lol. My mum mentioned to him that it was odd him going to bed so late but it’s what he does.

Now there is the option of ear plugs however I don’t hear my alarm in the morning.

Before anyone says it I know it’s a first world problem but first world problems still exist.

Any ideas?

I did have my own house I am back living with parents for about a year until I can find a house again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending