The Student Room Group

Tesco job application asking for UK Visa, where to find it?

I'm in middle of Tesco job application and I'm on the section where I have to upload documents of right to work, they want a UK passport and UK Visa. The problem is I only have passport, where do I find my visa? Also why would I need to show them a Visa if I was born in UK?
Reply 1
Original post by h4mza
I'm in middle of Tesco job application and I'm on the section where I have to upload documents of right to work, they want a UK passport and UK Visa. The problem is I only have passport, where do I find my visa? Also why would I need to show them a Visa if I was born in UK?

If you’re born here you won’t have a visa. Check back through your application, there will be a part where it says do you have the right to work in the UK and it should also mention about where you were born ect. I work at Tesco and for UK citizens they only want a clear photo of your passport.
Original post by h4mza

I lost my passport, so despite being British and having lived here my whole life, without my passport, they rejected my application before it was even complete
Reply 3
Original post by blueberry
I lost my passport, so despite being British and having lived here my whole life, without my passport, they rejected my application before it was even complete

It’s part of the checks they have to do as Tesco has been fined heavily in the past for allowing people with no right to be here, a job.

I think they do accept birth certificates?
Original post by Woksin
It’s part of the checks they have to do as Tesco has been fined heavily in the past for allowing people with no right to be here, a job.

I think they do accept birth certificates?

They don’t on the online application. I needed to put in my passport number to progress to the next step on the application and I couldn’t do this. Maybe if I asked in store, they might?
Im a student recently coming in the UK.
I need a job from Tesco. I'm coming Here sa student. im changed my mind I need a help the Tesco there is any job with the visa for 5 Year contact. if any option here like this please let me know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending