The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Uni Accommodation TSD Carmarthen

One of the uni’s imconsidering is Triniry Saint David’s so I’ve been researching accommodation. Has anyone lived there? What place would be best for 1st year - Myrddin or Non? Is the accommodation good etc?
Original post by pcdrowyso
One of the uni’s imconsidering is Triniry Saint David’s so I’ve been researching accommodation. Has anyone lived there? What place would be best for 1st year - Myrddin or Non? Is the accommodation good etc?

Moved to University of Wales Trinity Saint David

I'll be honest, I haven't seen this particular institution pop up much on this forum so I suggest contacting the providers for video tours/photographs, or even better, visit the place yourself.
(edited 5 years ago)
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Hiya,

I am in my second year at Carms, stayed in halls for my first year and now off campus.

The campus itself is very quiet in comparison to other universities (godsend for people like me). Non is generally all female accommodation, that's where I stayed. It was quiet when I stayed there, with just 14 of us in a block that could hold 30. Loud housemates compensated for this though. Non has great facilities, a large shared kitchen (between up to 30 ish people so if the accom is full it could be more tricky?) with oven, at least 3 fridges and freezers etc. A large lounge and communual showers and toilets (not the best situ but not as bad as it could be). Rooms in Non are definitely the largest in comparison to the other blocks. However Archbishop Noakes (ABN/Noakes) all have ensuites. They say that this block is more for 2nd and 3rd years but loads of 1st years stay there too. As for Myrddin, it's much smaller, not much in terms of a kitchen or lounge, and smaller rooms in general. Accom is mixed in ABN and Myrddin. For all blocks except ABN you are catered though, so breakfast and dinner is sorted for you Mon-Fri term time. I personally did quite a bit of cooking myself as the food wasn't always the best.

Car parking at the moment is a bit of a nightmar- they tried to charge us over £200 to park your car, whether you commute or travel, but atm it is free. I don't know what will happen in future about that though. And there aren't many spaces.

The accom is alright. It depends truly upon what type of person you are. If you are quite social then it's fine. But being a small campus there isn't really a 'quiet' area. That's the reason I moved off campus (tons of places too, btw, very local to the uni). It also depends upon your housemates and how clean they are. Some of the uni could do with a refurb but it's alright for what it is. I wouldn't personally go back- I would move home before I did.

And I am not saying any of this to go against the uni- it is all my own opinion. I am not a social person by any stretch, so it simply didn't suit me.

I hope this helps. As the other poster says though, I would 100% recommend visiting. Parts of the campus are absolutely lovely.

Hope everything goes well!

A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending