The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Any big football supporters out there???

Just wondering if there are any footie fans out there??? I'm a big football supporter, runs through the family, havent missed a game for years.
I was thinking tho, whether anyone would be interested in a football supporters society??? i saw it on the list of durhams societies and i thought it would be a good idea, the uni would give us sponsorship to allow us to arrange trips out to Anfield, St James park for supporters of the big clubs and to lower league teams as well. What do you think??

Scroll to see replies

I think it sounds like a great idea!
University of York
York
Reply 2
Excellent. Let's get the ball rolling on a new society.
Reply 3
i would definitely be up for that! i rekon we should submit the plans to get the society up and running before the 2008 freshers get in
I've never quite understood the logic in 22 foreign men representing British towns running after a bag of wind.
If you do want to make it an official society, you will need 3 people to make up the top 3 positions (chair, secetary, and treasurer). These must be members of YUSU (i.e. any student in the university). I don't know when the ratification process occurs, I just know that one wave happens in the summer term. You just really need to submit some details and a constitution. You can then apply for grants and other things of the like.
Reply 6
Anyone willing to take up the positions?? i reckon i could do treasurer, i assume thats dealing with the money side of things and considering i am going to study accountancy, i should be able to do that.
Anyone else??
How much are the grants?? Would they just pay for transport or possibly provide some sort of donation towards the price of the tickets???
Reply 7
I believe it's £2 per year per member.
The minimum membership fee is £4 I think. You then need to justify any grant money that you ask for.
Reply 9
I'm a Leeds United fan lol, so I won't be visiting Old Trafford.
Reply 10
*looks at _Mazza_'s post, and then at his location*

I wouldn't be saying that too loud today if I were you :wink:
Reply 11
laser
*looks at _Mazza_'s post, and then at his location*

I wouldn't be saying that too loud today if I were you :wink:

lol, doesn't matter, everyones at Wembley.

It was harder for me to get a ticket plus no-one would go with me lol, and I'm not gonna wear a Leeds shirt in the Doncaster end.
Reply 12
i dont mind taking up a role and pushing forward this society
jokesbre
i dont mind taking up a role and pushing forward this society

[Edited out - Dali] is a big Newcastle United fan.
Reply 14
I think you need a certain number of students interested as well.
Reply 15
brilliant idea though, would definitely join that
_Mazza_
I'm a Leeds United fan lol, so I won't be visiting Old Trafford.

it's ok.. we wouldn't you bring the sheep into old trafford!!

and i'll deffo be up for this if it gets off the ground - i'm a manchester united supporter from being young, but i enjoy watching any match, i'll sing along even if it's not my team! (as long as they're not playing united at the time!)
Reply 17
i think we definately need a second or third year to probably organise everything cos i havent got a clue what to do. hope it takes off!! really need to see some matches
Reply 18
Go watching York City then...It's only down the road at a fraction of the cost.

Latest

Trending

Trending