The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You can always go and visit it yourself - sometimes that is a good idea anyway as you can see the university behave like it usually does, rather than being set up to impress you.

But no, you're not missing anything important. But it's still a good idea to try and visit it if you can.
I agree with rottcodd...I missed all the open days for the universities which i applied to so went and visited when I wanted to. The staff were very helpful and it gives you a much better feel for the place.
i visited two unis one i never wanted to go to (york) and one i got rejected by (Oxford)
Reply 4
Not sure about Engineering, but for Biochemistry at Bristol last year, no-one checked that you had booked. The only benefit to booking was they sent you a map and itinerary in the post. This was accessible online anyway. The same booking "procedure" also applied to Cardiff and Southampton.

It is definately worth visiting before you apply. I applied to Bath but then on their UCAS day in November, I realised that the uni and the way they ran the course wasn't what I wanted (too much ecology)!
Bristol were SO annoying last year! They had their open day really early so I didn't know about it, and they had limited numbers for tours, so they were fully booked!

You can look round yourself, but you don't get to meet teachers or see inside anything, so its not that useful.

If you apply there and are made an offer, they let you go to an open day (finally!).
when did they open the booking form?!:confused:
i've missed it to.:mad:
im going anyway, they're not going to have a checklist and make sure that everybody there is on the list.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending